1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Feb 23, 2017.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Bogut is a better rebounder than Clint, but that doesn't make his play style better. Dwight is a better rebounder and we still got outrebounded with him last year and lost plenty of games. Sometimes what you think is an upgrade could end up hurting your team more. The Rockets need another superstar not Andrew Bogut he does not get us past the Warriors. Bogut will still have to play with Anderson because we want to stretch the floor and thus we will still be outrebounded at times.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

BTW the Rockets still have the 4th best record since December. So everyone whining about the games we lost during that stretch with the injuries we still had the 4th best record. Having Lou shore up our depth problem in case of injury was great but bringing Bogut in will not be as impactful as some of you think.

mikol13 likes this.
  3. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

The question is, is it worth finding out for 3-4 million (not to mention the added bonus of him NOT signing with another contender).

It's not like we're going all-in for Bogut.

Saying "Bogut isn't the answer, we need another superstar" is like saying "Lou Will isn't the answer, we need another big man".

People make it sound like these deals are either/or and that couldn't be further from the truth. You take the best deals available and go as far as you can with that.

Let's say Bogut doesn't get us past the Warriors but is the difference maker in getting the conference finals again where we play them competitively. Is moving past SA into the upper echelon of teams (making us a more attractive destination for that star you so desperately want) worth it?

Superstars don't grow on trees

Think bigger. It's not all or nothing.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  4. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

Hope to God its Sanders... Start a Sanders thread and show the guy ❤️️!!

Everyone waiting for Bogut - If he chooses GS will Cleveland grab Sanders?

The time is now!

Pump him up on growth and let him gain 20!! We got work to do!!!!

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  5. Progs

Progs Member

You're just bringing in Bogut for 15 to 20 minutes a game down the stretch. Just protect the rim & rebound against the bigger teams. Is about shoring up the Rockets weaknesses. Bogut will play depending on the match up. Will the Rockets beat the Warriors in a Western Conference Finals, maybe not; but you never know with injuries or suspensions.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  6. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

bogut is one of the few who can tangle with the likes of rudy gobert. he has to be the top priority.

Fansince80 and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

For those whining about Bogut's style of play not fiting with HOU let me say one thing, he's not coming here so STFU.
    When he's in CLE setting illegal annoying non called moving screen you'll are going to be crying wishing we had him doing that for us.
    Dwight Howard was a bad fit because he didn't wan't play his role and was trying to be someone he wasn't. Dwight wanted the ball in the post to score but EVERYONE knew that wasn't his strength. Bogut plays his role very well, he sets screens, rebounds, plays D, and passes extremely well.
    Bogut is here to split time with Nene not to be our savior but rather help us defend the big man we will most likely face in the PO when we more than likely go up against Memphis or Utah.
    So please stop whining about him coming here even though we do need him but I'm sure he goes to CLE where the road to a Finals appearance is much easier than our West.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

7-8 minute mark Ben explains pretty much what you just said..

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never said superstars grow on tree's I said that's what it would take to get us past the Warriors. Andrew Bogut is not going to get us past the Warriors and you guys pining for someone who is getting old and slow and doesn't even like Houston is SAD. If we get lucky and make it past the Warriors it won't be because we got Andrew Bogut. You should think "bigger". The Rockets are doing great and you guys are letting blind greed push you into a situation where you could destroy the chemistry of this team. The Lou situation is different the need he fills is to shore up the roster in case of injury in Boguts case Harrell and Nene did fine while Capela was away, there's no need for him. Lou is also a near All Star talent and Andrew Bogut is not. He's not as good as you guys seem to think he is.

D-rock likes this.
  10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't know how people think Bogut wouldn't fit in here when he fit in just fine in Golden State. He rebounds, defends the post and the rim, passes well, and sets lots of illegal screens. We need him to give us 15-20 good minutes against certain matchups, we don't need him to be a model citizen. If he comes here, I'm happy to have that option.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He doesn't even want to be in Houston, lol. You guys are delusional.

D-rock likes this.
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'm pretty sure I've explained my position pretty well. A) I don't like supporting dickbags, no matter their on-paper value. B) Even if you don't think he's a dickbag, I don't believe he will actually have that much of a positive impact on this team.

That was the greatest thing about that 22-game win streak. Not only were we winning (and usually in grand fashion), but we were doing so with a group of guys you just had to love. Underdogs who played their asses off and (other than maybe Bonzi, who played no significant role) seemed to be genuinely good dudes on and off the court. That was the proudest I've been of the Rockets in a long time.

Although Bogut's take on politics is not the most offensive thing I find about him. He stayed relatively neutral, at least, even if it wasn't the most thoughtful comment.

13. MrButtocks

No one said he's coming. There are no Ron Paul gifs around. But he is a free agent and Morey is working on it. Stranger things have happened. Dwight didn't want to be traded here either and guess where he signed?

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

And this is where we reach our impasse... I don't know why people care so much about watching some random meatheads win sportsball games that they're willing to cheer for people they would never want to hire at their company or be friends with IRL. Granted, I know we don't actually know Bogut personally, but all we can go by is how he presents himself on the court and on TV, and he's presented an image that I do not want associated with my team. Maybe I'm on my high horse, but I think that is a far healthier way to follow sports. We should care at least a little bit about what kind of person we're cheering for.

Hell, in this case, we're all asking for a guy who clearly doesn't like our team to begin with. It's a little bit sad.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  15. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Removed

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Not overly shocked by this.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bonkers in his head..... I won't be surprised but will he choose Houston when Houston is the only team he can play for? Or does he go to Europe or retire?

19. MrButtocks

Other than having some weird political views and being somewhat of a pompous ass, Bogut hasn't done anything that bad. Like you said, we don't know him personally. So many people are acting like he's Ray Rice or something.

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Time for all you Sanders haters to go reread all of my posts:D:D:D:D

D-rock likes this.