1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 11/14/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2016.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

hope wiltjer gets some rebounding/defensive savvy in RGV...

i think he could help us out and have a pretty cool push at the end of the season...a la troy daniels

also, can someone in the media ask why kj doesn't get minutes??

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

3. Drogba

Drogba Member

We gotta find a way to get Ryan Anderson going. He's a net negative out there when he's not hitting shots. Can't rebound & can't defend. A glorified Channing Frye at the moment.

Morey has to work his magic sometime soon.

4. tmac1ming11

tmac1ming11 Member

Capella was a monster last night! He played aggressive, probably his best game of the year.

Houtho, Drogba and Richie_Rich like this.
  5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea. I am a bit concerned about Ryan. I used to play back in the day. I was the spot up shooter at the three. You have to get a rhythm going. Once you get that rhythm going you can just bang them home in the flow of the game. If you don't get going fairly quickly out of the gate or your opponent just takes you out of timing you are a useless monolith out there. I am hoping once this group gets to know each other that this will prove out. That Ryan gets a shot or two early and then becomes a dangerous threat.. If not. Welcome to Houston $80 million monolith.

6. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Wonder if Anderson is one of those shooters that hates the layout of Toyota Center. He seems to shoot OK outside or that building.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. toycannon

toycannon Member

An easy win against the worst team in the NBA. The next one against okc at their home will be the test for this team.

8. thiefery

thiefery Member

Embiid starting the game so strong, made Capella dial in much quicker and he did respond nicely.. Embiid--DO WANT.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That's not how +/- works LOL

Anderson shooting 41% from 3, his mere presence on the court completely opens up the court for Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

At some point some teams are going to start sagging and testing his ability to hit the wide open shot. If he does then yea. His presence is all that matters as it creates space.

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Hopefully we can play the 76ers every night.:D

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

I see teams like the 76ers that have been in development hell since 2002, and I thank my stars we have Morey. I don't understand when he gets the hate, no GM makes flawless moves all the time. Yao and TMac went down early and he brought us the Beard right after. Compare that to the Sixers who have been searching for a game changing star since Iverson.

hakeem94 and ramotadab like this.
  13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

this is an issue if we're losing...other guys are scoring, we're winning..that's fine.

i trust ryan's shot to deliver in big moment situations. it's only been 10 games...

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Any coach who suggests sagging off of Ryan Anderson is going to be fired immediately.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

#515 jim1961, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Agreed

So he's a $80 million dollar space creator, and thats it?

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They are loaded with talent though, Embiid, Ben Simmons, Saric, and can get some value for Okafor and Noel. Plus they have their own lotto pick this year and the Lakers one as well if I'm not mistaken. I'd rather be a Sixers fan than a fan of a team like the Knicks or Magic.

18. onreego

onreego Member

It's that depth perception Tmac used to complain about :eek:

19. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

If it allows Harden to put up these kind of numbers. eeessh. $80 million is a lot for that. But could succeed.

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He's still shooting better than Durant and Kawhi on a higher volume of 3's.

They won't be sagging off of him anytime soon.

Eric Gordon is actually at a higher percentage now (41.9% to Anderson's 41.3%) both in the top 35 in the league.

If they can remain at the rate or improve, and we can get Bev to his around his clip from last year (40%) We should be elite from 3.

Already if you take out Brewer's 3's and give those to Bev at a 40% rate our 3pt shooting jumps from 37.2% to 38.5%. This takes us from 5th to 3rd in 3pt shooting.

It would also help open up the lane for Harden and Capela PnR because a defender can't sag off Bev the same way they can Brewer.

And this is just from a shooting perspective. Defense and turnovers would be a whole other realm of improvement!

deb4rockets, hakeem94 and larsv8 like this.