Deckard
Since

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Deckard,
    So, I've written a biography about the German physicist Max Planck (he who discovered young Einstein, he who discovered quantum theory, and he who clashed with Hitler late in life). It's written for non-physicist audiences, and covers his work and his amazingly tragic times. Fun stuff! I was considering self-publishing, but I ended up getting (via luck) a good agent, and now it will come out next year via Oxford University Press. I am actually at sixes and sevens trying to figure out whether to "come out" to the BBS just because I think a few people here would want to know about it and might enjoy it. Cheers!
    Aloha, David! (Hello/good-bye.) Like b-bob, I think it's time to leave since there is rarely anything new under the D&D sun. We've had a host of tusk to tusk exchanges ... some good laughs ... an occasional commiseration over a bridge too far. In my early D&D days I tried to provide my rationale for positions, which admittedly are to the right of center. Later, to counter extreme posters who adamantly refused to consider differing views, I confess to exaggerating my actual positions as a foil to their tunnel vision. My bad, but I did have a purpose. Anyway, I always felt you were rational, and I hope you always perceived that you had my respect. I wish there were a "better" D&D with an entry that had to be earned with administrator points for civil discourse, individual perception and originality. If ever you wish to communicate, you know my email address (thumbs@email.com). Well, as I said, aloha and warmest regards, Mike
    Quick question...relatively new to the forum just wondering how rep system works as far as how many points for a new square....seems like ive been stuck on Terrence Jones for a while even though ive been getting points lol Anyway seems that youre a CF vet so I figured I'd ask. Thanks
    Deckard, can you contact me directly at zach at dejimedia dot com? I have some questions about Texas politics and I promise I'm not a replicant.
    I posted 1 sidenote - and then replied to others comments regarding my post... on a thread that had already lost its steam... maybe in the future I should just start a whole new thread on my personal thoughts - like so many others do.... get real, man.... kjayp
    I made a thread about this for some dumb reason - should have just sent you a message... Vernor Vinge -- The Children of the Sky is ready for pre-orders now. The final book in the 'Fire Upon the Deep' universe.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…