1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump’s hidden tax returns take on new significance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So Trump leaks the returns, which are probably from his least-offensive looking year, and then gets to say that they were illegally disclosed by the fake news media. Pretty smart by his team and unfortunate that MSNBC fell for it.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is he still under audit, as he claims? Is it against the law to learn at least that much?

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So....Trump's tax rate is around 4%. He also wants to get rid of the the alternative minimum tax, which is the reason he paid majority of his taxes. Otherwise...he would have paid much less that 1% in taxes. I want to see other years, especially in the early 90s.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I've got the feeling that this is going to backfire on them pretty badly. That said, it's not like MSNBC had any credibility whatsoever to begin with. Everyone knows that they are a fringe propaganda network similar to if The Young Turks (LOVE that they are named after a genocidal regime) ran a major network on TV

sugrlndkid likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So....in your mind 38 million is 4% of 150 million?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, that is probably true, it would be exactly the type of thing they would do. They took the year he had a major building sale and leaked it...

DD

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I like the part where Trump trolled MSNBC

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man this administration is a joke. They can't help but create controversy and scandal each and every day.

9. dmoneybangbang

LOL.....

We already know how great a businessman Trump is.... lose billions in order to write off a billion.

10. dmoneybangbang

I agree with you here.

Trump swings wildly back and forth between incompetence and shrewdness.

11. dmoneybangbang

Of course you do sweetheart. You wouldn't care if Trump reached into you back pocket and took your wallet as long as you can blast the liberal cucks.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

What we learned tonight.

Trump paid 38 million in taxes on a 103 million income. How dare Trump pay his taxes. Like Sweet Lou 4 2 said, this administration can't help but create controversy and scandal each and every day.

AntiSonic likes this.
  13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

A Trump strategist leaked this. Smart move on their part.

Two pages which were the most favorable for Trump ("See I pay taxes! Nothing to see here!"). Notice how they didn't release the entire 2005 tax return. And notice we only get two pages of one year of tax returns. Can we get the full tax returns for the past 20-30 years?

That's why this was leaked by Trump's team. Since if this wasn't "leaked" and officially released, we'd ask for MORE. Again smart move by Trump's team. They're still shady as **** though.

Pretty sure we haven't heard the end of the Trump Russia scandal by any means. The only thing that happened tonight is Trump's strategy team themself release favorable two pages of tax returns and playing it off as it was illegally obtained. They wanted America to see the TWO PAGES; and SPECIFICALLY those two pages. lol

They chose to "leak" this so they're not obligated to show any more. Two pages of tax returns in 30 years can make any corrupt politician look clean.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If this conspiracy theory is true, the Trump administration really preyed on Rachel Maddow's stupidity. I'm not sure I fully have my tin foil hat on for this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I mean, she's an easy target.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has never been able to confirm that an audit is actually going on, he is probably lying about that too.

DD

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Not much of a conspiracy theory.

Someone on his team brought up, "let's drop off a truncated version of a tax return to show you pay taxes into so-and-so's (or known MSM contact) mailbox".

Print, deliver in mail.

Not a huge conspiracy. Good distraction plan though and Rachel Maddow fell for it. She got played bad. Trump is still shady as **** regardless of how stupid Maddow is.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

unelected government officials using their power to go after political opponents is dangerous

Trump can try and find the leaker, but he also needs to punish the entire department. Slash their budget, curtail their auditing power. They've been acting as a rogue agency for too long.

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I think they already have to provide mountains of financial and business disclosures. It's just that tax returns aren't included in what's required.

19. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Agreed. This has Bannon written all over it.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The partisan replies right down the line for certain posters on both sides is flat out depressing.