1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terror Cell in Germany

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Nov 29, 2011.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"Neo" Nazi is just a term that describes that it's post world war II. So the difference is that Nazi can refer to people following that ideology at any time, but often refers to the time before 1945, and when people want to express that they are referring to the time after 1945, they sometimes add "Neo". Not sure what your issue is.

And neo-nazism is a global problem, not only a German one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism

Personally, I think the NPD should be outlawed, period. The only reason it hasn't happened was for formalistic legal reasons and for "tactical" reasons. But as being a political party also gives the (Neo) Nazis better access to funding, I think one should work hard on outlawing them.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Just read this post again and it sounds like the terminology is really confusing you.

You contradict yourself like 5 times in one post :confused:.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It is identical in nature. It is an ideology, just like extremist Islam, just like moderate Islam, no one cares if God sits at the top of this ideology. It is a set of beliefs that is leading to terrorism.

It is totally different in scope/scale.

It is more alarming than the guy who lives in a hole in Yemen who has never been to a school and has grown up under direct orders from his imam and is given cash, a house, a real wife, an imaginary house and 72 imaginary wives to attack the country that has colonized his holy and native region. It is more alarming that 25% of one of the most developed countries in the world want Nazis back in power, and that AS I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR YEARS, pro-white crimes are picking up dramatically in Europe and particularly in Germany.

How many mosques have been set on fire in Germany in the last few years? How many shopkeepers have to die? How many people who LOOK like "immigrants" have to be killed? ATW knows all these stories, he just happens to never post them. These are not one time events, these are groups who come together who plan and execute a chain of terrorist activities in European countries, and now they are collaborating and advising each other. If we were to include France and the UK, you would be shocked at what never gets into popular media. Most important of all, it is increasing. You can hear it in the right wing politicians voices (even in your country FYI), you can see it in the back of the news, you can feel it in the streets. I hope Germany takes strong action to eradicate these rats and puts in some rules on anti-immigrant hate speech and anti-Muslim hate speech, and I hope they uphold as well as they do with other hate speech laws.

Shall we wait till it reaches the scope/scale of what you call Islamist terrorism till we raise the red flag? Brilliant. Because now that we've identified Islamist terrorism as a massive problem, we're handling it fantastically aren't we?

For F's sake.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes, but you see I seek to identify them as the exact same ideology as pre-world war II nazis. THey do have the same ideology.

I don't wish to identify them as "some variant thereof" or "looking to revive the Nazi political party".

I wish to identify them as Nazis because they are acting as though Hitler is still commanding them to mass murder people on a large scale.

Got it? Thanks. In case you haven't noticed, I decided at the start of the thread that I won't discuss this with you because we never get anywhere anyway and end up annoying everyone.

At least this way, I'll only annoy some people I guess lol.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think they are identical in nature, but they both need to be fought.

Dude. KingCheetah was making a joke, but you are actually stupid enough not to get it. That "only" 77 % of the people asked in that survey want the party banned does not mean that the other 23 % want them back in power. There is a discussion on how to best deal with them, and some people think it will be easier to monitor them if they are not outlawed. Arguments can be made for either side. It's ridiculous how you try to dramatize these murders. More people get killed every day in the name of Islam right now than have been killed in the last 10 years in the name of Nazism in Germany (of course, when one looks back at history, it is clear that we need to fight evil early on). The (Neo) Nazi party has about 7,000 members in Germany. Those are the people who "want Nazism back in power". That's less than 0.1 % of the population, not 23 %.

I don't know about the number of mosques, but I doubt it's a high number, I have yet to hear of any one mosque actually burning down in Germany. I think the number of shopkeepers killed over the last 10 years is 8 or 9, which is 8 or 9 too many, but they were apparently all killed by the same two guys, who are now dead. Hardly a reason to "scream at the top of your lungs for years". I agree that any (neo) nazi tendencies need to be fought, but the way you are trying to dramatize these events is silly.

I don't know, I guess I look like one and have never even experienced even as much as a xenophobic remark towards me. Perhaps I should test my luck in some areas of Eastern Germany to find out how that feels...I believe there are unfortunately certain areas where xenophobia is more of a problem than where I have been.

I was actually going to start a thread about this thing here (and as you can see, I am not avoiding the topic).

What is it that supposedly never gets into popular media? :confused:

I think that the shock of these murders has kind of woken up politicians and law enforcement authorities that they should not only look at the left when it comes to terrorism, but also to the right. I also hope that they will take the problem more seriously from now on.

I don't see why there should be specific protection against "anti-Muslim" hate speech - why should Muslims get more protection than Christians, Hindus or whatever? If anything, hate crimes against any religious group need to be outlawed and pursued the same way.

Not sure what this ending paragraph is supposed to mean. What is your suggestion?

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, they do, and that is why they are also called Nazis. As I tried to explain to you (with source), the term "neo" is only used to describe that we are talking about current times, not about pre-1945.

Whatever. They hate foreigners and people of other races, the ideology is the same. They are idiots. Whether you call them neo-nazi or nazi, who the **** cares, really. The semantic issue only exists in your head. Nobody else cares.