1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So much hate the Rockets discussions as of late

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by backwardhead, Jul 25, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Criticism for everyone else has always been fair game. But now that criticism has been aimed toward Morey, a few of his minions have grown super defensive. The season ended in HUGE disappointment against Portland, and became even worse with Mchale coming back. Although we had a few holes, we only needed a few minor tweeks to the roster (a quality PF/C, a defensive wing and a upgraded bench), but Morey said F-that I want a 3rd star. He swung for the fences when all we needed was a few base hits, and stuck out. Now we're stuck with Joey Dorsey for 2 more years

2. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I thought the same thing when I read the title. But this thread isn't the same topic as the one you referenced. I'd kindly suggest reading it again.

Did I do it right, OP? :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's been a disappointing offseason, and that won't change until the preseason start.

So what better way than to b**** online about it?

4. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Its been one of the strangest off-seasons that i can remember for the Rockets. Only the Hakeem trade summer was more strange to me. But unlike that summer, an era is not over.

What we need is the regular season to start, TONIGHT!

The only cooks in the kitchen are Harden and Dwight. No more will Lin or Parsons try to take over games themselves(jack up threes, blow a lay up, lose the ball to Mo Williams). No back-up center crying on the bench. The "fat" has been trimmed.

IT IS ALL ON HARDEN AND DWIGHT NOW!

I felt last year that there were too many players trying to do to much. This year it sounds like roles are going to be more defined. And for that i am excited for this season. Harden has a lot to prove this season and i can't wait to see if he is up to the task.

1 person likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Probably because Harden takes D to a whole new level of bad and the worst part of it is that he is capable of good D, but CHOOSES not to play D. Many also hate his game and how he is more interested in drawing fouls than finishing strong. It reminds me a lot of Kevin Martin personally.

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

He's interested in getting to the rim and finishing. He's fast enough and strong enough to bully his way in for a layup or a dunk. If he happens to get fouled because his defenders can't stop him, that's on them. There's a difference between bullying your way into getting free throws, and flopping like Kevin Martin.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I respectfully disagree with this. A lot of times I see him leaning around trying to initiate contact purposely and then just throwing the ball up. I rather see him just drive in with the intent to finish strong from the get go and if he gets fouled, he gets fouled. Maybe it's selective memory bias and those just stand out more for me, but that's how Harden makes me feel a lot when watching him.

1 person likes this.
  8. Razsan

Razsan Member

My point isn't about you or anyone in particular (although there are some posters who revel in hunting down personal info and trying to demean other posters). It's just that we have a veil over the entire BBS system. I think that's why Facebook debates (for the most part) are slightly more civil.

1 person likes this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We need a defensive minded assistant coach for this to be a great season.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

There goes treeman b****in some more!

You're nearing tinman territory bro, you don't want that!

11. Thanos

Thanos Member

You are clearly a role player. And role players should keep their mouths shut while the big names lead the team to a first round exit against an unproven opponent.

So shut up and play along. There's haterade for everyone to enjoy. Even for old time lurkers like myself.

Cheers

12. boiler

boiler Member

Nah, not even close. No one can beat tinman in that department.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The pitchforks people have been calling for the heads of McHale and Lin all year while proclaiming being "true Rockets fans" or whatever. But now when some of us question Morey and Harden, people say "Go away! You hate the Rockets! Be Mavs fans or something! Stop hating!" Apparently, to some of you people, one can criticize some members of the Rockets while being a "true Rockets fan" but cannot say anything critical of others without hating the Rockets themselves.

I guess this is what makes you a "cornerstone."

1 person likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Objective criticism is one thing. Pure year long smear campaigns are another.

Morey made mistakes (2 big ones leading up to this Summer), Harden had one of the worst defensive performances of all time this year (even though the Rockets probably don't make the playoffs without him), and McHale is... well McHale.

But when you go on, and on and on, and on .... about one of these guys in particular to the point where you let one false move, or one glaring weakness not only distort your view but also allow yourself to try and distort everyone elses view about who that player/coach/gm/owner/etc. is to the organization....

That's call for criticism of you as a fan.

Nobody on this team is perfect at what they do. Hell... there is a video montage of (the best player in the game) Lebron's crappy defensive performance in a playoff game of all things... and it might even be 12 minutes long as well... and that's just one game.

Be a little more objective folks. That's all Id ask. You can't talk about how horrible of a person/player/defender/whatever you think James Harden is, and not also mention the fact that the Rockets A. Wouldn't have acquired Dwight without him, and B. They probably wouldn't have made the playoffs to begin with him if it wasn't for him. Same could be said about the criticisms of Morey & Les. McHale... He's the biggest point of contention, but there are definitely positives somewhere in there, and I'm sure the front office had good reasons for keeping him.

There is a reason why in the movie Major League, Randy Quaid & his three friends who moped in the outfield, were considered a funny joke.

Truth is... that is alot of us on here. Its funny cause its true. That's how the diehards are in real life as well, and probably a good reason why Sports Organizations try their hardest to appeal to the casual sports fans the most. They are smart enough to know that the diehards will never be happy. Your never going to be happy when you think an imperfect thing is supposed to be perfect.

We should try to be at least a little less laughable than Randy Quaid in Major League.

#34 dobro1229, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  15. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Someone's crying lord, kumbaya.

Is that you, Buck Nasty?

16. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

I think people are living in a dreamland that players will always make the choice they wanted. When that doesn't happen, it's Morey's fault for not signing them. Let's be honest, it really is a business as much as we don't want it to be. We hate on Morey if he doesn't swing for the fences and we hate on him when he does, but doesn't get a home run. Nitpick all you want on the Parsons deal but what's done is done.

I honestly hate the idea of being financially locked up and keep digging around until we get the squad we want. I'm not putting Morey on a pedestal but the guy has done a lot of good for the organization.

Harden...is still young and has a lot of work to put in to be a bonafide two way superstar. We all agree he has an offensive talent but needs to work on his D. Enough with the Harden sucks talk...that's OUR franchise player. We had a winning record last year despite plenty of obstacles. We hope to grow from all that. Why hate on the guy (and Dwight) when we get enough hate from the media? Let's root for our players and critique in a more classy way.

I don't mind comments like this: Harden really sucked tonight. Instead of dribbling out the clock and chunking a hail mary 3, he should have driven hard to the paint and dished it to *insert player name*

I don't really care for: Harden sucks. He's lazy. Trade him for Love and we'll be contenders.

Really? Sometimes I feel people are just trying to up their post count to seem like legit contributors to the forum. Most people around here give great insight and I actually learn a lot, but some...I feel like a part of me died.

This thread was needed. Thanks OP

17. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

More pouting? jeez.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Fire McHale. He's just a role player.

19. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I want to make something clear. I'm not suggesting fans stop criticizing players or management.

What I was suggesting in the original post was that it seemed to me the rhetoric of the posts recently has turned a bit violent. Not violent in the bloodshed sense but violent in the way posters are expressing their disagreement with each other, "f*** you" "loser" "moron" "idiot" etc and so forth.

Despite my sig I don't believe Morey is above criticism, nor Harden for that matter. I just wish folks would pay attention to their tone and not be so nasty to each other.

I love to fight as much as the next guy. I really really do. But I love this site because the Rockets give me a chance to escape from "real life" which is often pretty violent and cruel.

I'm not suggesting anyone should be censored for not liking the teams direction, players, or management. I'm just noting that the tone has gotten kinda ugly and appeal for less "haterade" and more civility toward one another. That's it.

Kumbaya my Lord...and screw those Mav b****es!

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member