1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we the most hated team in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Jul 24, 2014.

1. dream2franchise

With all the warm fuzziness of Lebron's return to Cleveland the uneducated fan and the sad sack sports writer are left lacking a villain, but it seems to me that they've found their team: Our Houston Rockets.

From the outside we have the cold, calculating asset collector in Daryl Morey who didn't believe in Chandler Parsons ability enough to bank our championship chances in him as our 3rd best player. We have Dwight Howard who according to anyone you ask whines too much and isn't a leader, James Harden and his one season of poor defense which has been ragged on about so much his elite offensive talent has been forgotten and Patrick Beverly who's injuring errbody up here.

Add to this the over analysis of the infamous number 7 jersey, Dwight saying Parsons departure won't effect us, Harden calling himself and Dwight the cornerstones of the team and the rest role players/peices and I think we have a recipe for irrational hate.

Irrational being the key word here, because the above examples have all downplayed by the players involved.

Is this a case of keeping it real gone wrong? Either way it's going to be interesting to see how far this goes with no other teams to hate on.

2. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

reddit hates us with a burning passion

3. NotChandlerParsons

Probably. This last year with Harden and Howard the other main basketball forum I post on became very anti-Rockets. And at first I got upset, then I started to embrace it. It's fun being the evil empire.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You forgot about Harden's flopping and our alleged misuse of Lin and Asik's talents.

Other NBA fans surely hate us, though I'm not sure we are the most hated team. That honor will always rest with the Lakers

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You forget that most hate the offense too.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think currently yes.

Don't really care though.

Much better than being the lovable huggable "Aww they try sooo hard!" Rockets.

8. Nieto

Nieto Member

Seems to me that the media have been just dog piling on us for the past day and a half so I would assume so.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, are you saying the Rockets are finally trending on Twitter.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol not even close you have teams out there like the Utah Jazz...

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Would really have been fun to be empire evil had they gotten Bosh & resigned Parsons then filled the MLE / BAE with solid contributors .... as it is , I almost feel cheated but that's pretty much become a way of life for Houston sports fans since .... the 70's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. bmd

bmd Member

The players need to embrace it and play with a chip on their shoulder.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Greetings from '97.. we don't wear fanny packs in 2014 anymore and Cell Phones are a thing.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes and they will fear us as well. Respect will eventually come but right now i hope our team comes in with a vengeance tgis season. Fuel ourselves with Anger folks causebthis season is time to reap havoc! Let them all burn!

15. MaliciousMonkey

And reddit LOVES the Mavs

16. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

What does reddit legitimately know about our team and organization? **** em

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

funny how we went from one of the most loved teams when it was just Harden, to the devil when we got Dwight and Hardens' defense was exposed.

18. HTM

HTM Member

Realgm hates us... a lot.

19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I believe we have. Usually the teams that are hated for dumb reasons are super successful in the postseason. I think we are going to have a good run this year.

20. mario_v

mario_v Member

Yep, i don't even bother to click on any thread regarding the rockets, it's just a bunch of posters b****ing about harden, Howard and morey. They cheer for our failure.