1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So-called President Trump's Phoenix Speech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Aug 22, 2017.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They lie and mislead just like their guy, not surprising at all.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Last night's campaign rally violated the Hatch Act.

4. zksb09

zksb09 Member

I believe the President, vice-President and some high ranking officials may be exempt

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    In your guts, you know he's nuts.

JeffB, B-Bob and CometsWin like this.
  6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What about the HUD secretary?

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I read somewhere where they explained why it was legal. Something to do with Carson being appointed by Trump.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Interesting.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I saw a lot of the speech (know thy enemy, etc.), until I had had all I could stand. It was one lie after another. Yes, trump told one lie after another. His ability to do so without getting booed off the stage says a lot about the relatively small crowd of true believers there to see him, and it isn't complimentary.

Mr. trump is an embarrassment to the United States, on exhibit for the world to see. Putin is getting everything he wanted, because every day this person (can't call him a man, because he acts like a 14 year old) is in office, the power and influence of America around the world is diminished, in my opinion. Putin has to be thrilled.

el gnomo and CometsWin like this.
  10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's offensive to 14 year olds.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Here's what I read:

"The law does not apply to the president, vice president or employees appointed by the president with the advice and consent of the U.S. Senate, according to the U.S. Office of Special Counsel.

Carson, who was appointed by Trump and confirmed by the Senate, was legally able to attend the rally."

And then here is a counterpoint:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lation-of-federal-law/?utm_term=.7fb589204fb8

Deckard likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good point. My apologies to 14 year old Americans. Mr. trump's poor education, which gave him almost no knowledge of history (my guess is that he simply paid for others to take his exams), is surpassed by 14 year olds with even a decent education.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, and for anyone on this board who is a Republican, it's a saving-face situation for the next 3.5 years. It'd be like being stuck with Trevor Ariza as the best player on your team and having to sell that to your fan base (and I support TZ- he's one of my personal favorite players). But as Trevor Ariza as the best player on your team, what are you going to do? You're going to make him sound WAY better than he is. You're going to excuse every suck-ass play he makes as "well, Russell Westbrook makes mistakes, too!"). Because you can't disown your team, like the Republicans can't disown their party, so you have to make bullshit excuses for both when you know, deep down, if you are really being honest with yourself, that there's very little comparison between Trump and Obama, and very little comparison between Ariza and... Russell Westbrook.

With full apologies to TZ, of course- he doesn't deserve to be used in an analogy with Trump- but you get the point. It's all about saving face at this point- because there's just no way a rational, sane person can justify Trump- yet they have to, in a way, b/c they're so invested in that ideology.

el gnomo and Deckard like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No Trump-supporters on the board will really deny any of this (except for the Russian one). But still, what's more important is that a random, brief video clip shows that a Trump supporter had some trouble leaving the parking garage b/c of evil, liberal protestors -- that's what's important here, Deckard.

16. conquistador#11

When he lies, he makes the bitter beer face, the one you see when he's reading the 'notes' from his pocket.
    "Believe me" also an indication of alternate truth.
    My favorite though, the projection on to others like psychos in history who accuse others of what they're guilty of.
    also.. the highly credible sources= are just cues for which ever imaginary friend steps up.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I owe George W a big apology. I lampooned him because I didn't think we could ever have elected a worse person to be president. Boy, was I wrong.
    3, 2, 1 until I see people responding to bobbythegrape's Obama retort.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

and what Jugdish posted is not dishonest? Your side has been the king of manipulation and lies.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member