1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets made last minute attempt to acquire Amare

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Feb 18, 2010.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep if anything. Morey had it in his plans to get Kmart AND Amar'e all along.

Think about it...why are the Rockets the very last team to contact the Suns at the last minute...AFTER getting multiple picks from the Knicks...and then ESPN is saying we were giving them multiple picks.

Seems to me Morey had a plan to get Kmart and Amare all along, Kerr probably didn't want to go through with it seeing as he probably had no real time to think on it.

2. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Bored much? lol

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

umm he'd be one of the best PFs available in FA and we would own his bird rights. martin-amare-yao is championship material right there. all the top teams have some sort of big 3 that the team is built around.

4. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

If thats true that would have been a terrible trade for us. Amare may be a stud, but the market appeared to be set for him at Big Z and JJ Hickson. Z was just filler so it was basically Phx willing to accept JJ Hickson for losing Amare.

For them to land Battier, Scola and multiple picks would have exceeded the market. They are gonna be desperate this summer to unload him or sign and trade him based on what he wants to do. Thats when we come back with a package built around Jordan Hill, maybe one draft pick, and the expiring contracts of Jared Jeffries, David Andersen and one more expiring contract.

5. RedRaiderRocket

I would agree not worth giving up that much for a one year rental. I am not big fan of Amare personally but definitely would not be interested in trading Scola, Battier and first round picks for a 30 game rental.

1 person likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't forget about Brooks :grin:

Also would still have Cbud and Lowry coming off the Bench.

Think it may be safe to say though Morey will be looking in Bosh and Amar'e direction come offseason in a sign and trade...would be hilarious if Bron stays in Cle, we get either one, and the other goes to South Beach with Wade...leaving the Knicks with Joe Johnson and RFA Rudy Gay...oh and Tmac.

7. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Brooks/Amare/Yao would have been a killer combo.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Probably giving up Battier. The Suns wouldn't have taken Jeffries.

9. ThaShark316_28

I just read on the bottom line on espn classic that it failed because the rockets weren't willing to waive the physical aspect of the deal that make deals complete.

(Basically what the knicks and clippers did with mobley that time...)

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So Morey has tried twice to get Amare. I guess it is pretty obvious that he really likes Amare.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Lowry/Brooks
    Martin/Budinger
    Ariza/Jeffries?
    Stoudemire/Hayes
    Yao/Armstrong

so that was Morey's plan all along...

12. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

honestly, I'm not a big fan of Amare coming to H-town. he has too big of an ego and may wanna be the top dog

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Seriously? Why would PHX balk about the standard physical then? Maybe Amare has a problem we don't know about?

14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

He would be the top dog.... (besides Morey of course)

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah, plus I'm not sure how well he'd work without Nash working his magic on him. Jefferson looked real good when he had Kidd feeding him and look at him now.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

:( well guess we will just have to wait until this summer...

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Amar'e is not a "build around" player. Mark my words, He. Will. never. win. a . ring.

18. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but this is on ESPN as the reason why the trade didn't go through.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924306

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That would have been too much if he didn't sign an extension immediately.

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Who wouldn't want to see Amare in Rick Adelman's offense? Somehow, I don't think this will be the last time Morey makes an offer for him.