1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets made last minute attempt to acquire Amare

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

chadfordinsider

Rockets. @STEIN_LINE_HQ has filed story. Link coming. RT @Baseline89 Who was the team who made a last minute attempt to get Amare?

2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Morey tried his best, what an amazing man, if he got that done, we would've been one of the top teams in the West THIS year.

3. Tornadoofsoul6

Yea, during the ESPN trade deadline special they said that Phoenix tried to get in on the Sac-Hou deal, and of course failed.

4. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I had a feeling. OH well, cant have it all.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Oh my! Morey does shoot for the Stars! I like our GM lol

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

I suspected they might be trying this, he sounded very "gettable".

Man, if Morey could have flipped Scola + Battier + Cook + a pick for Stoudemire we might have had a legitimate shot to go deep in the playoffs this year, not to mention next season with Yao :eek:

Just not enough time left to work something I suspect.

7. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Hopefully that "link coming" will include what our offer was or what PHX countered.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

******* Steve Kerr, he wanted too much for Amare. I hope he walks out of Phoenix when he is FA.

9. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Morey tried to snag Amare...?

clutchfans

Very interesting. RT @chadfordinsider Rockets. @STEIN_LINE_HQ has filed story. RT @Baseline89 Who made last minute attempt to get Amare?

Lock if posted

10. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Phoenix is so stupid for not trading amare, he's just going to opt out in the summer

11. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Technically in the summer it's still possible. Kevin Martin plus some picks and contracts.

12. Rockets1820

Rockets1820 Member

We're going to get Amar'e. We've tried for too long to get him and eventually we will work something out. This summer is going to be fun when we could be dealing for Amar'e,Bosh,Al Jefferson etc.

13. Rockets1820

Rockets1820 Member

Not going to trade Martin. It would be more likely a Brooks, Scola/Hill ,Ariza/Battier and some sort of pick/picks.

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I hope he picks up his player option, stays with phoenix and wrecks their salary situation.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep would make sense to trade Brooks and some picks for Amare.

Chemistry here, and you'd have Yao/Amare/Kmart/Brooks all wanting the ball.

16. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I agree, Martin is not going anywhere. Like Amare, the Rockets have been coveting Amare for some time now. They were finally able to land Martin and now I think it is all about Amare for Morey & Co.

I just love this organization. We are so privileged to have Morey.

17. vince

vince Member

Amazing, you shoot for the moon and miss, you end up with the stars.

1 person likes this.
  18. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I bet it was Hill, the 2012 pick from Knicks, our 1st round pick and Budinger...
    Something like that

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know what is funny? It'd be a win win for us, because he wouldn't go to New York.

Figure the Cavs have a great season and Lebron extends for about 3 more years...That would only leave Bosh and Wade for the Knicks. Bosh is going to have a ton of Offers and I can see him going every where, most likely Miami WITH Wade of course...but Wade I could see going to Chicago, the writing is kinda on the wall for that one. They already have a solid team + it is his hometown.

20. pass_to_Hakeem

unless we can somehow land John Wall in the upcoming NBA draft, I think our 1-2 combo of Brooks/Lowry is just fine ... seriously I wouldn't want to give up Brook/Lowry or (the newly aquired Martin) for Amare. I think Amare is a tad bit overrated anyway, it would be too much talent we are giving up for his services. I would love love love to land Bosh in the offseason with the mix we have now PLUS.... our future draft picks, OR even shipping some picks over to Minnesota for Rubio