1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Riskiest thing you ever did for love?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by smoothie, Jan 2, 2011.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

For anyone interest in the pull out technique...

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/reprints/Contraception79-407-410.pdf

A study was done and it shows that it can be almost as effective as a condom. Again, there are risks involved...but that goes with any contraceptive method. If you mix in my peeing technique, along with having an eye on where the girl is in her cycle, then you can pretty much have a plan that is easily as effective as using contraception.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Two things that come to mind:

1) I went to Athens, Greece at the end of '05/early '06 to meet a girl that I had been talking to on the phone and corresponding by email (it didn't work out luckily)

2) I dated my wife for only 2 months before we got married. We have had some struggles and problems (but most married couples do) but we have been married now for over 4 and a half years and our relationship is very strong right now.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Some people go around the world for love, but they may never find what they dream of.

What you won't do, do for love. You've tried everything, but you don't give up.

In my world, only you make me do for love, what I would not do.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Easy. Asked the future Mrs. rimrocker to marry me.

Given the stats, quite risky... and scary as hell, what with the loss of freedom, increased accountability, etc. Still, a very good decision.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Didn't pull out....

I kid, I kid.....sort of.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I played Risk with my love (future wife). Does that count?

[​IMG]

7. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

I have no reason to be, I only mess with 18+. Wbu?

8. conquistador#11

Relocated schools. Retired from berklee college of music and followed her to St.mu in San antonio. The first year together was incredible, then it all went down hill from there. January 2002- November 2006

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

i think i posted a thread a few years ago on my situation...i had a gut feeling about this guy i was dating right after my breakup with the hubby but i ignored it. i should have NOT gave him my number but i got duped. oh well it happens to everyone. I lost $$$ and gained hatred for this freakin dude. it has been a few years but i would still stab him in the eye if i saw him again. :mad:

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

back on track...

I'm a romantic, so I say yes...the odds of it working out are small but you're young so take a chance and enjoy life the way it is suppose to be lived...

Caution: Long distance romances are great because you only see each other on the weekends and even then its like a honeymoon because you want to maximize the time you have together...Things that may bother you you won't bring up b/c you don't want to ruin the time you have together...Reality is once you move in together, you'll see each other all the time and you'll have to get use to one another and there will be some challenges, but nothing you can't overcome, if you guys truly love each other...

I moved for a chick recently...we were off and on before then i moved away and i visited a lot and she came up...I quit my job before I had one lined up but things worked out and got one before I moved back...We were in love and wanted to make it work, but the reality set in once I moved back...Instead of seeing each other on the weekends, it was everyday and she became more and more jealous/insecure...which was total opposite of what was before but I think we saw the real us and it was hard...We are no longer together but trying to work it out as...Relationships are hard and you have to be a lot of effort and make sure communication and honesty are a big component of your life...my $0.02...

Take a chance on love...

12. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

rezdawg, maybe you're good at avoiding pregnancy but what about STDs?? Yes, you guys go take STD/HIV tests but what if she cheats on you?

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm not surprised by rez's lack of knowledge. He must have been cheating off the wrong dude's paper when it comes to reproduction. Seriously, it's sad that you are actually allowed to be a dentist and certainly doesn't bode well for the future of healthcare as a whole.

Pulling out can and is more effective than nothing, sure (lord knows i've played with fire before and got away with it) , but to go on a talk about knowing the girl's cycle is comical. Also, women can be pregnant before and during their periods because sperm can survive for up to a week. But please, continue your method and enjoy whatever happens to you.

Long story short. You're talking out of your ass.

14. rezdawg

Im very particular about who I date. I dont go after girls that have slept around or who have had one night stands, etc... Also, I get to know them quite well before sleeping with them. Ive never been worried about a girl cheating on me...not only do I go after girls that arent like that, but Im quite confident that cheating is something that I wont do and something that wont happen to me...my relationships are built around trust and honesty.

15. rezdawg

How can my sperm live inside a girl when I pull out? Can you answer that for me? Thanks babe.

2 of my good friends are OB/GYNs...we've discussed this topic to death.

And pretty pathetic that you still hang your hat on the homework cheating...something that is prevalent in every dental school in the country by 99.8% of dental students.

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I wouldn't dismiss his claims entirely, although it seems hard to believe. Catholics have been practicing this type of sexual practice for ages and it has been effective on the whole.

17. rezdawg

Yeah, like I had said earlier, the method isnt 100%, but no form of contraception is 100%.

Plus, Donkey boy missed the part where I mentioned my exes have, for the most part, been on birth control.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Dude. Enough already. There's a reason the Catholic Church has advocated this method of birth control. And it ain't because they want fewer Catholics entering the Church!

19. rezdawg

Did you even bother to open the link and read? Probably not.

If people actually tried to learn and study the physiology of the human body...then maybe people wouldnt be all up in arms over nothing.

20. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Not pulling out....very stupid....and having sex when a girl is on her cycle is straight up nasty