1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pink Floyd? Could this be true?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by swilkins, Jun 15, 2005.

1. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

2. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Now if he could only reunite Wham.

3. droxford

droxford Member

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

5. droxford

droxford Member

I beg your pardon. You scooped it, not Manny.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Considering that I post regularly on a Floyd forum, I probably SHOULD have scooped it. But all I care is that they are getting back together to perform, even if it just for that one event.

It better be on TV and better be released on DVD or I will go Avery Johnson on the world. :mad: :eek: :D

7. swilkins

I'm just hoping that this might open up the possibility of one more tour across the US.

8. droxford

droxford Member

I'd be surprised if this happened. Both Waters and PF have plenty of money, they're not very young, they don't get along very well any more, it would probably return them into legal squabbles... I see too many reasons NOT to tour, and only one reason that they should tour (that being: a last call to fans who celebrate their music).

I'm hoping that they perform Money without the backing vocalists singing, "woo woo".

They should go completely old school in their performance.

I saw PF in the dome in 87, and it was a great concert, but it felt too cheesy, and there is, and always will be, a presence missed without Waters there. I'm hoping that they don't rely on too much flash for their concert and will deliver an outstanding-quality musical performance.

#8 droxford, Jun 15, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Having never seen them live, I do, too. Just one chance to see them is all I ask.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Wouldn't we all... but then again, I scoffed at the very notion Bob "Pink" Geldoff had a chance in hell of getting them in the same area code together, so I guess you never know... maybe it'll be so incredibly magical at Live 8 that they'll decide to give it a shot. (Unlikely.)

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

If they tour the US and don't come close to where I live - I will fly out to see them (granted that it is not somewhere that is cold) whether it is in TX, CA, or wherever. But I would have to think that if a US tour happened (which is still highly unlikely) that Atlanta would be one place they would play.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Their fixing to announce the line-up for Live 8 in Canada. I would be surprised if my favorite band Rush wasn't among the list. Wouldn't it be cool if Triumph pulled a reunion out of their ass similar to Pink Floyd? Get back with the fellas for this special event, Rik Emmitt!

13. swilkins

I saw them in 87 and 94. Both very different shows. The Rice show was unbelievable.

You gotta have the music and the light show. Good God man, we're talking Pink Floyd.