1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Manny] Pink Floyd reunion?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, May 23, 2005.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

just maybe....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds21375.html

Pink Floyd performing for Live 8?
    Sunday, May 22 2005, 12:28 BST -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Pink Floyd are planning to reunite and perform at the upcoming Live 8 concert, the Sunday Mirror claims today.

Sir Bob Geldof, who is organising the event, is in talks with the group to perform at the 20th anniversary gig on July 2nd.

Acts such as U2 and Sir Paul McCartney have already signed up for the event.

Pink Floyd have not performed together since the mid-1980s, due a feud between Roger Waters and the rest of the band.

A source explained, "There have been a whole series of calls. Sir Bob is hopeful we can make this happen."

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Heh. Good luck there, Bobby.

3. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The date on that is from October of last year. Things could have changed in the 7 months since. It might take a small miracle, but anything's possible. That would be nice if they do get back together and go on tour. I never did get a chance to see them live.

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Never saw them with Waters, but I did see them at Rice Stadium in the '90s. Best concert I have ever seen, bar none.

6. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Man, I was at that show too. It was in 94. I remember how it started thundering right in the middle of "Run Like Hell". the crowd went crazy! what a great show.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Except that it ended early.
    That pissed me off royally.

Saw them in the Dome in 87, too. Great show.

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Yeah, but the rain sparkling through the lasers all the way up to the heavens was an awesome sight. It made me think that God was up above saying "let me add my own little piece to this show" and then got carried away when they played "Run Like Hell."

9. swilkins

What was most impressive about that show was the fact that they played through a virtual hurricane.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I personally could care less if Waters comes back for a reunion or not. If that brings Pink Floyd out again, then so be it. I just want David Gilmour and the band to come back...make another album...do another tour. I saw them at the Dome on "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" tour and Texas Stadium on the "Division Bell" tour. Two awesome shows! I guess it would be nice to see Waters and Gilmour get back together again putting their differences aside.

11. leehoang

leehoang Member

"Money" = Their best song

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

"Money" != Their best song

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I saved the review from the Floyd concert at rice Stadium.

The Date was April 5, 1994...

the skies opened up and the lasers broke the raindroplets into an amazing lightshow...

but the article says they havent performed since the mid -80's, wtf?

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

They haven't performed with Roger Waters since then. The last "Pink Floyd" album Waters wrote was "The Final Cut."

15. across110thstreet

sounded like Floyd to me ;)

I'll take gilmour, mason, and wright any day of the week, waters would be an added bonus...

hell why dont we pull Syd Barrett out of his psychedelic state and wheel his ass on stage while we are at it...

Sir Bob Geldof, for those who dont know, is the man who played "Pink" in the movie version of "The Wall"

anyone know if there updates on the musical version of "The Wall"?

16. swilkins

Remember when the fabric at the top of the stage ripped and the backup voals got rocked with god knows how many gallons of water? They didn't look very happy.

The band played on.

When I saw them in 87, it was one of the few dome concerts that I saw that were excellent.

17. across110thstreet

i remember it was lightly drizzling during "Wish You Were Here", it felt Godlike, I was 16 years old with my 15 year old girlfriend and it was the first concert in my life...

they just kept playing the chord sequence over and over during "Money", it was really pouring by then, and I do remember the back-up singers getting soaked. i was on the fifth row. there were huge light displays on the floor that would flash during the show, it was blinding...

i remember giant boars heads displayed on either side of the stage with spotlights embedded as their eyes,it was insane, absolutely the best concert of my life

18. Pezmonger

Pezmonger Member

Ever seen Roger Waters live? I saw him back in the 80's and it was great show. More theatrical than Gilmore's Floyd, but obviously not a grand stadium show. He would add that psycho dimension that's missing from current Floyd shows. Roger had one of those great rock screams.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorry guys for the late response. I was on a business trip to New Mexico for the last two days....

Yea, unfortunately this never materialized. I have pretty much given up hope on a reunion involving Waters, as he seems pretty content with his solo career. But I have heard that Gilmour has been working in the studio and could be releasing something new within the next year or two. Whether that is Floyd's 15th studio album, I really don't know; but we do have to remember that these guys are around 60 years old now. So if they don't do something soon, then "The Division Bell" will be the final studio album.:(

20. across110thstreet

ITS OFFICIAL!!
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/12/pink.floyd.reut/index.html

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Four members of seminal British rock band Pink Floyd will play together for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2, publicists for the event said on Sunday.

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright will be on stage with bassist Roger Waters for their first public performance since they played at London's Earls Court in 1981.

The rock legends will join a star-studded line-up including Coldplay, Elton John and Paul McCartney at the Live 8 concert in Hyde Park, organized by activist rocker Bob Geldof to pressure rich nations to ease African poverty.

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world," said Gilmour.

"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

The band released their first album "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" in 1967 and broke records with 1973's "The Dark Side Of The Moon", which remained in the American album charts for more than a decade.

In the 1980s relations between Waters and the rest of the group soured, with Waters suing over the rights to the Pink Floyd name.

Gilmore, Mason and Wright continued to record and tour as Pink Floyd, releasing their last studio album "The Division Bell" in 1994.