1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Orioles @ 2017 World Champion Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Buck Turgidson

This thread certainly got entertaining since I was here yesterday.

Carry on.

2. Buck Turgidson

How many games back in the loss column are we?

cardpire likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Road wins-home losses = 3 A+

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL. WUT! What does the regular season have anything to do with what you quoted? Oh noes... I mistyped the lead after I just posted a video of it. Mistakes happen..... Youre probably one of the better debaters on the bbs but my goodness are you an arrogant dick. I swear you could start an argument with your own reflection.
    That was in my post, that YOU quoted. Where do I advocate anything about the regular season or him being bad as a manager? Please let me know. Where do I advocate, that having a bridge, set up guy, closer is "good managing"? I simply said, "Im not saying nor ever said Hinch did a terrible job in the WS, hes just getting more credit than deserved imo for not going to his actual bullpen and instead going to his starters in relief." WTF dont you get about that? Its like, you know, I have my opinion and you know, you have yours. But, like, thats your opinion man...

LET ME BE CLEAR. I NEVER SAID HINCH WAS A BAD MANAGER. IM SAYING HES GETTING MORE CREDIT THAN HE DESERVES FOR PITCHING HIS STARTERS IN RELIEF THAN HIS BULLPEN THAT LET HIM DOWN THROUGHOUT THE WS.

If I had to take a road trip of more than 4 hours and had two cars; one that continuously gave me problems in repairs or my dependable one, I think the answer is pretty obvious which I would choose.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape of my opinion? Youre gonna give yourself an aneurysm. Its like youre advocating Hinch is perfect for every move he made which resulted in the 101 wins alone.

Amazon is a top notch retailer and theyre not without their own problems they can improve upon.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think you’re the only one getting bent out of shape.

My point was that Hinch does deserve credit for what happened in the WS because it was the antithesis of what he did over the 101 regular season wins.

Sorry I had to dumb that down for you. I didn’t really read the rest of your post, but saw an amazon reference at the end? I think this first off day has done its toll on you.

arkoe likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL. Okay... like I said previous, Im not arguing just defending my opinion, not attacking anybody elses, but at least youre referencing what you quoted correctly this time. Good job.

You have a different opinion? WOT! Thats not allowed.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

I have to admit Hinch seems to be getting better as a game time manager and am also thankful that Roberts was managing the Dodgers.
    [​IMG]
    Ok let’s have it!

#647 mick fry, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  8. finsraider

finsraider Member

I guess these are the kind of things we have to argue about when we're coming off a world championship, are 6-1 and look completely dominant...

Looking forward to "was Altuve worth $150 million?" when he has a midseason slump (ie like 5-20...lol).

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Go back and find the Kemp vs Altuve thread from a few years ago if you want some entertainment.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I think I found it

bobrek likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

That's not the "trade Altuve" thread I was thinking of. I only made one proper stupid statement in that thread you linked.

12. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holy cow there are some very bad takes / predictions in this thread. Altuve coming off a 225 hit season and you're seriously advocating replacing him with Tony Kemp? Man.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

14. J.R.

J.R. Member