1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach: Your Prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketMan Tex, Jan 3, 2006.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

We should definitely wait to see who gets the ax in the next month or two.

Jeff Fisher would not be a bad choice. Martz would also be an interesting choice.

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I may have read it wrong but I am sure I read something about him joining the Redskins on a 3 year contract.

Anyway my vote goes to.....the Kube-man....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

Kirk Ferentz

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I just heard Gary Walker on 610 saying that all the players hate the 3-4.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Kirk Ferentz

6. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

It's harder to coach, but harder to play against. It has it's risk/rewards, if you get the right players.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No offense to Jeff Fisher, but I would prefer that a decision be made sooner than later, even if that means missing out on potential candidates. With all the NFL jobs already open or soon to be open, I would hate to miss out on a candidate by waiting for someone else. Plus, the sooner we get someone on board, the sooner we can start get started on righting the ship.

I am willing to wait for the end of the playoffs (we will need to if its Kubiak but we don't need to if it is Linehan or Gray). But I would hate having to settle for our third or worse choice by waiting any longer than necessary.

8. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

You are correct. Jerry was "Mister Smashmouth Football". It usually was a miserable failure though. He was a much better commentator than coach.

9. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

Gary Kubiak

10. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Our starting front 3 are all 4-3 players, which might be why they suck. It seems that many teams in the NFL are switching to the 3-4 again, so why would you want to go to a party everyone is coming home from.

11. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

On FSN, they are saying that sources are saying it's gonna be Kubiak and that it will be "sooner rather than later".

I hope so.

12. thirdcoastTXpulse

thirdcoastTXpulse Contributing Member

I found it more interesting that Gary talked of how different the DC 3-4 defense in Jacksonville was compared to the 3-4 here, and also how he said Fangio wouldn't adapt and the coordinators are the reason for Dom's demise. A good and introspective rant by Walker.

13. MykTek

MykTek Member

kubiak...he runs an offensive that will maximize our players abilities....he also uses zone blocking...develops qb's pretty well....i think he's our man....but i wanna see who we gonna hire as our new Def Coordinator ....

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Saw that too, I like the sound of that.

D. Robinson also spoke about how he didn't like the defense as well.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Exactly, especially running backs. They have downhill runners. 1 step and go, no dancing. They also use a fullback and not really multiple reciever packages. They use more 2 back,2wr's te set.

16. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I found him to very forthright, honest and blunt. He certainly put things in perspective. Pretty much said Fangio was to blame for the defense and that Capers was loyal to his assistants to a fault. I also found it interesting that he said Casserly is a great GM.

I think it will be Kubiak. Based on his time in Denver, the personnel on the offensive side of the ball for the Texans just fits his system.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sorry, I just don't like the 3-4. It works great if you have a Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas or Greg Lloyd but how often does a guy like that come around? If you don't have a STUD outside linebacker (which we don't unless you think Jason Babin is), it doesn't really work.

Like Gary Walker said today, you adapt your defense to your players, not the other way around.

Sorry for the derail, great news about Kubiak on FSN. Hope it's true.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm glad it won't be Williams.

I hope it will be Kubiak.

19. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Better yet.

Hire Kubiak as the Head Coach/O. Coordinator and Mike Singletary as the D. Coordinator.

Hell, maybe Kubiak can steal whoever the hell has been coaching Denver's O-line as well.

20. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

I'm not too surprised the players blame it on Fangio. You know, when they hired Fangio for the Def Cord., I totally thought to myself "Why would they hire the def coordinator from the leagues worst defense (he was with the colts, pre-Dungy)" and just figured that Dom would be running the defense. Damn they sucked bad....anyways to get back on topic...I'm a St. Pius grad so I'd like to see Kubiak..hell if that offense can get Mike Anderson 1500 yards, just think what Bush can do.