1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach: Your Prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketMan Tex, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

All signs point to Kubiak.

2. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind if he was the GM, but not coach.

3. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I think Kubiak would be the best fit & he will have his boy Dan Reeves there to put in a good word for him.

4. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I admit much of that opinion is based upon an analysis I heard by John McClain where he stated on am610 that this was a big problem- he said we needed a good offensive line coach and McNair wouldn't pay for one. He also stated that some of the coaches were bargain hires and we were paying too much for average players instead of investing in good coaching for the long term

That was his take and I believe it also.

I don't think Dom is a top tier coach but he isn't as bad as he is being played.

No one complain when we went from 5 wins to 7 wins.

If we had won 7-8 games this season everyone would be happy with Dom, and Jerry Gray is the only name I've heard that I would be curious about.

Kubiak and Williams are not an upgrade in my opinion.

5. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I think it will be Gregg Williams

I hope it is Kubiak, he used to be a quarterbacks coach and I know that he would come in here, evaluate Carr and sit his @ss on the bench.

6. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Gregg Williams=Dom Capers. He was 17-31 in Buffalo. That dude couldn't win in Buffalo so who is to say he will in Houston. I like Gray, Kubiak, or Linehan.

7. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Kubiak is my choice. Jimmy Johnson is not coming here, and he didn't light the world on fire in Miami. If Parcells leaves Dallas, why do you think he will come to Houston?

Kubiak is the one running the offense in Denver, he is coming up with the blocking schemes and made Plummer a hell of a QB this year. I think he really is what we need.

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

You are a cancer to all David Carr threads.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure it will be Kubiak. He's from Houston and Dan Reeves is already here. I'm sure Dan has already put in a good word for him to McNair.

Kubiak would be the right choice as far as I'm concerned. His offense went 13-3 this year.....with Jake Plummer! Think what he could do with Carr, AJ, and Bush.

10. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

http://hawkeyesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ferentz_kirk00.html

Here is a Ferentz bio for anyone interested. As a Hawkeye fan, I don't want to see him go, but I think he will. His son just played his last game as a Hawk and in previous years, he would not even take an interview with a NFL team and this year he has. If he goes to the NFL, whoever gets him will get a great coach.

11. Valio!

Valio! Member

I think that's right... Wasnt glanville's offense called the red gun or something like that. I dont think they had a true run and shoot until pardee..

12. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I nominate BUSH & KUBIAK in '06!

13. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

My guess is Kubiak - offensive minded guy like McNair wants.

My hope is either Jim Fassel with his dream staff,

OR

Monte Kiffin (bucs D coordinator) with his son Lane (USC's offensive coordinator) as offensive coordinator and MiamiU's Oline coach our Oline coach, and Joe Kines (Alabama defensive coordinator) as linebackers coach and D-coordinator

14. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

It won't be Williams. So much for my 2 and a half hour old prediction.

Kubiak it is, I guess.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damnit, my future predicting abilities have been exposed as the sham that they are.

Don't look at me.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think just about no one would be happy with 7 or 8 wins. Everyone wanted and expected playoffs. Dom maynot have been fired, but it would still have sucked, frankly.

Dom has been a head coach, what, 8 years. Of those, I think it is only fair to say he exceeded expectations twice. The other years he was average or below average.

17. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

When I played HS football at Angleton, Kubiak came down with Slocum to talk to Mark Farris about coming to A&M. I believe Kubiak was the quarterbacks coach at the time. Seemed like a good guy and was really really high on Farris. I believe they are still friends, actually.

I remember Farris had a choice to go to ANY college in the nation, but ended up not going and going to play MLB instead. He was a bad@ss QB in HS before blowing out both of his knees. I always wonder how good he would have been had he went straight to college out of HS to play QB.

18. MasterIce

MasterIce Contributing Member

Gary Kubiak or Jeff Fisher.

19. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

i wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being bum's son. the players (although not very good) are in-place with the 3-4 scheme that he uses (with a fair amount of success) in san diego. he also has very close ties to reeves and to houston (duh.)
    i'm not saying i want that, just that it wouldn't be shocking.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Now that Williams is gone, I am hoping Kubiak gets the chance...