1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Film Exposes Nashville Islamist Network

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Jul 22, 2012.

1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Hahhahahahaa, called it.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

by "these people" do you mean the fine folks in D&D that are tired of the rampant Islamophobia now present in the forum?

it's laughable these days.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Here's the personal attack part:

In fact that is the entirety of your initial remark when asked for your thoughts?

Actually this was a much more voluminous personal attack but I bet you don't even see that!

Everything begins in the smallest way....

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. mclawson

mclawson Member

If calling someone a broken record for saying the same stuff over and over is a personal attack then so be it, I viciously and maliciously attacked the poor guy who starts thread after thread about Islam. I hope he can recover.

7. mclawson

mclawson Member

I HAVE BEEN ATTACKED! You said I look dumb using a clever gif with improper spelling! How can I possibly go on with my life! Is this typical hypocritical behavior from you? Does phrasing in the form of a question count as a counter attack? Curious minds want to know...

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

ATW I won't even engage, he seems a bit radical.
    I don't read his anti Islamic posts and threads...

the OP is beyond laughable with his meme retorts.

1 person likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

"Radical" because I criticize an ideology? Why exactly do you think it should not be allowed to criticize an ideology such as Islam?

10. IzakDavid13

I hope that helps.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oh look. Batman and Robin are back to save Gotham. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Religious extremism, no matter which religion it is, is dangerous.

13. IzakDavid13

Texting:
    Just heard that Batman and Robin are back!

[​IMG]
    ...on my way to Gotham now!

:grin:

14. mclawson

mclawson Member

Two points here. First, you are comparing what Jesus said to the entire book of the Quran, which isn't quite a fair comparison, is it? You can find plenty of condoning (even advocating by god himself) of rape in the bible, especially in the old testament. Second, it's interesting that you condemn/don't condone homosexuals based on the old testament of the bible, but not what Jesus says. Can you have it both ways?

Do you have a clever meme or picture to handwave this away? And you never did answer me about approving of the works of Anders Behring Breivik or not. I'm sure you just missed the question in your haste to post that oh-so-clever gif!

15. IzakDavid13

Your asking if I condone the actions of Anders Behring Breivik question is not only stupid, but offensive. I thought it was rhetorical question, therefore didn't respond.

A question for you. If you had to choose a role model between Jesus or Mohammad, who would you choose to pattern your life after?

Not asking about religion, or conversions...just based on the fact that both faiths say that their guy is the perfect role model to follow, and pattern your life after... So if you had to choose one, who would you choose?

I do hope that you respond to my questions.

16. mclawson

mclawson Member

You do realize you answering style makes quoting difficult, don't you? Whatever is easier for you though, I guess.

Go for it since you're a Muslim scholar.

Sure, why not:
    Judges 21:10-24 NLT
    Numbers 31:7-18 NLT
    Deuteronomy 20:10-14
    Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT
    Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NB
    2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB
    Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB
    Judges 5:30 NAB
    Exodus 21:7-11 NLT
    Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB

Now, as do whom I would rather follow, probably Jesus since he strove to be like the Buddha and actually got fairly close.

As for Breivik, he's just taking your thoughts to the extreme, just like you think Muslims are wont to do. Happens in most major, and minor, religions, you know.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agreed. This is not exclusive to Islam.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I read about 4 sentences of the first article you posted and they couldn't decide how to spell the evil Muslim extremist's last name. It kept going between Bledsoe and Beldsoe.

Right there I knew it was written by an uneducated idiot trying to stir the pot.

MOOZLIMS IS EVAL WE GOTTA GET OUR GUNZ AND KILL EM ALL YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA JESUS + UNCLE SAM = MURRRRCA!

1 person likes this.
  19. IzakDavid13

Thank you Doctor Google for your random Bible verses...but I asked you to show me where God advocated & condoned rape.

Not in any of the verses you mentioned above does God advocate or condone rape.

And in regards to taking my thoughts to the extreme? You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Seriously.

Please enlighten me with what you think my thoughts are...

20. mclawson

mclawson Member

Irony or hypocrisy? Let the reader decide. The verses I provided are well known. You just hand-wave them away. Neat. Wave away, good sir. Someone might even wave back.

Let's take Deuteronomy 2:28-29: If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

So, it's ok to rape a young woman as long as you toss her father some cash. As a bonus, she gets to live with her rapist forever. Sounds like a lovely traditional marriage.

2 Samuel 12:11-14 is just as much fun. Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives (traditional marriage with more than one wife!) while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.' Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die."

So, god says you pissed me off so I'm going to let your neighbors rape your wives in front of you. Is that not condoning or encouraging?

Oh, and getting back to my "personal attack" of calling you a broken record.

Definition of a broken record from dictionary.com: someone or something that annoyingly repeats itself, as a vinyl record with a scratch

Yeah, this isn't that repetative at all.

Those are your last six threads over the last five pages ("New Film Exposes Nashville Islamist Network", "Woman in hijab attempts bank Robbery in Melbourne, Australia", "Indrek Wichman: Michigan Professor tells Muslims, you don't like it here, leave...", "Claim: * A Michigan professor sent an e-mail telling Muslim students to leave", "Muslim man kills two female policewomen in France", "Atheists, Muslims See Most Bias as Presidential Candidates"). Granted one is a double-post, but there is a bit of a pattern here, no? It's essentially all you post about in this forum.

You seem to like to post an article that is subtly, or not so subtly, anti-Muslim so that you can agree with the sentiment with your neat little disclaimer about not disliking Muslims, but just the religion that is not yours. You do this, ostensibly for the sake of discussion as you tack on "Thoughts?" at the end , but really isn't it just to reinforce your own beliefs and prejudices in a passive-aggressive manner that skirts around how you truly seem to feel?

Now, as to your thoughts on Muslims and Islam. That's pretty easy. You don't hate Muslims, but you do strongly dislike Islamic ideology and Quranic teachings. Is that fair to say? That's a fairly close paraphrase to what you once said. It's back up with other things you've said:

"As I've said before, I don't hate Muslims. Muslim men and women are not 'The Problem', what is the problem? The problem is the Islamic ideology that is preached in mosques that teach hatred for the western freedoms, that teach hatred for the host country, whether it be The USA, England, France, Germany or Australia."

"This is not an attack on religion, but in regards to public safety."

"Don't look at this from an us against Islam point of view, but more from an us against political correctness gone mad point of view."

"The USA already has a Muslim president in Barak Hussien Obama, no matter how hard the MSM tries to deny it."

You feel threatened by Islam. We get it. Really, we do. Now, as to Breivik's actions. You dislike Islam. He dislikes Islam. You ramble on about it ad infinitum on a basketball forum. He killed them and those that sympathized with them (in his mind). You post inane memes, pics, and gifs. He shot and bombed. The core sentiment about not liking Islam and Quranic teachings and fearing that it will spread is quite the same. He just took it to the extreme with his actions.

2 people like this.