1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears - Loser: Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MarioKissoDeath, Jun 29, 2012.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

FAIL.

I said specifics, who would you jettisoned and for what picks/players... you lose, Morey, still WINNING.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol at this...

Morey must be chillin with charlie sheen

3. rocketsmetalspd

The season has not started and the experts are out already dissing the Rockets. Still have FA market to go through, this team will be ready when the season starts and I can't wait for the so call experts to be proven wrong. Open practice in the RGV will be fun.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh piss off with that Ish.

If you don't want an answer, then don't ask.

Sheesh !

DD

5. DaDakota

So, let's see now:

Wait for the draft - no game changers, well that is ok, we still have free agency, and no game changers, well, that is ok, there is still the trade deadline- no game changers - well, there is always the draft....

Wash, rinse, repeat.

DD

6. shlhl

shlhl Member

WOw:
    The two trades also cost the Rockets center Samuel Dalembert and forward Chase Budinger.
    Why? Is it really worth? I am wondering...........................

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Actually Budinger had a pretty decent upside and was a steal considering he was a 2nd round pick for the production he gave us.

That being said, the problem with this draft is that the picks we got, only Lamb and Royce White might be tradeable and those would be in two players we might actually want to hold on to. Jones seemed like a waste, since if we would have either traded that pick to go lower or grabbed Jones III we would have had a much higher value talent to attempt to trade with. Instead we have another tweener SF/PF on the roster in the same mold as Patterson, Morris and one can argue White.

8. DaDakota

I would rather they have traded Budinger for a FUTURE pick with a team that might struggle later.....

Getting an 18 for him......meh...we have too many damned rookies already.

DD

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Come on. You can disagree with the front office philosophy without having to list every single roster move you would have made in the last 3 years....

That being said...

I agree and I've been saying it for years. My question for you is have you been saying this for 3 years or 3 hours?

10. rocketsmetalspd

True but I am hoping the Rockets get off the cycle and just go through it one time, ending with this FA season.:grin:

11. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

All I know is that this better be the starting lineup:

Dragic
    Lamb
    Parsons
    Gasol :(
    Noah

12. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

As of right now, I'm not excited about the Rockets until we can get some kind of starting center and bring some excitement to the team.

13. Shanghai Shake

It appears Morey's plan was to swing for the fences, which he did. You can't knock the gm for that. I personally think he alienates other general managers but that parts of the process. Like it or not, we became a "moneyball team" when Carrol Dawson left. Part of "moneyball' is that you piss people off by thinking outside the box. Also, despite not landing a center, which every team in the league desires, his draft picks have been solid players who all will play in the NBA years from now. I say, stay on the path, and we will reap the rewards.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

:rolleyes: That didn't answer the question. Don't critisize the plan(s), when you don't have a better one, piss off.

15. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

DD's Laundromat - Now open for business!

16. BHannes2BHonest

Its funny that Spears says that.... Gottlieb on SC said we were the biggest winners outside of NO...

17. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Ya have to figure some of the so-called "experts" were gonna give the Rockets a poor draft grade.

Didn't draft a center with one of those 3 first rounders, got more forwards on a roster that's already loaded with them and because they were not able to even come close to getting that monster trade for a superstar they were looking to do.

I've heard they plan to keep all four guys for now. The 3 firsts are gonna be on the team and the 2nd rounder stays overseas.

Unless they lose Dragic, Lowry is a goner. With Lamb on the team, Martin's days look numbered. And that logjam at forward means probably 2 guys are outta there.

Got some nice guys to move. Hope to a center but afraid we'll wind up with draft picks for next season...

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Oh WOW! Two trades cost us SAMUEL DALEMBERT AND CHASE BUDINGER! LOL!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. BHannes2BHonest

I disagree with the last sentence... I think Morry is completely unconventional and is stubborn and headstrong to do it his way... something that hasn't been done before...something that may not even be possible... Les talks are all speculation to me as I do not know him personally and Im sure a lot you don't know him either... obviously he is the boss and is on board with Mauery doing it his way.... I dont see him as the type of GM that wants to do things traditionally like tanking? Lets wait and see what he does with this current roster this offseason... like usual, it is more of wait and see but I am still behind Murreeball!!!!

20. BHannes2BHonest

Big-M

I dont think I have ever read something you posted and not agreed w u.... would rep if could ... BaLLsOhARD

B2B