1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears - Loser: Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MarioKissoDeath, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Prince

Prince Member

Joey Dorsey was picked by the Blazers and was traded to Rockets.

and you don't put a rookie to HOF. :p

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

First, the constraints of draft day make things enormously complex and impossible to do anything without dealing with other smart, complicated, emotional humans. You can take the best salesman ever and have him drive around with me, but if I don't want to buy a car, even one with the floor mats thrown in, I'm not buying the damn car. A car purchase, even a business startup, is much less complex because you are in control of more aspects of the endeavor. Hell, Morey's not even his own boss, which brings me to point two: I'm not sure it's Morey's plan as much as it is a Les idea that Morey is left trying to figure out how to implement. I HOPE Morey can now go to Les and say, "Hey, we've tried this for a few years now and it is not working. Do I have your permission to try it my way?"

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Methinks you confuse media speculation with word directly from the Rockets.

No one in that organization PROMISED us anything but to attempt to build a winner.

That's the problem with getting news from all these so-called "sources", people think that every rumor is coming true and get pissed when they don't.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol at cost us Dalembert and Bud, who both have very low upside.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Morey is doing it his way, he has said he is on board with the plan - so that in itself shows he is executing his own vision.

DD

6. kcarro

kcarro Member

DaDakota, I could not agree more and do not even mention getting rid of a very good coach as well.

7. DaDakota

Thanks, I think a lot of people feel that way, but really don't post about it.

DD

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You do realize JT and Dorsey were both second rounders, not top 5 picks, yes?

And Marcus is still technically a rookie, you guys have absolutley no patience at all. We lost our two stars 3 years ago, for almost nothing, of course it's gonna take time to get back to contention.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

didn't you just say in another thread that he was hamstrung by les and that les was the #1 problem?

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You sound like Bill Ingram and you praise Jerome Solomon.

But there's truth in your words.

Morey shows he's willing to overspend for high picks and All Stars. Anything less? Well, he keeps looking to exchange $1.00 and get $1.36 in return.

I have more faith in him than you. He had a nice haul in the draft. But he went in the wrong direction.

Instead of the Douche Howards, he needs to focus on obtainable players, lower-level All Stars maybe. Swing for the fences, strike out. Swing for the fences, strike out.

But he is shackled by a dumbass owner. Morey wanted/wants to tank. Les won't let him. And no one wants top 20 picks for top 6 picks.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

According to ESPN, the deal with Sacramento was done, as long as Robinson didn't fall to them, and we would have taken Drummond.

Morey got foiled by David Stern, foiled by D. Howard, and foiled by how the 2-4 picks went down. It has been a rough year for Morey.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You have to realize hes trying to turn mid teen picks into allstars... its not easy for any GM to do it yet he is closer than most... there is still plenty of reason to believe we could land an allstar...

The problem is when we get one you will most likely bash morey for over paying or that hes not batman more of a robin type allstar or that he is old... look an allstar is an allstar regardless and i would accept one... the problem is i feel you have tunnell vision for hatred when it comes to morey...

If and when morey trades for an allstar, even if its pau gasol(who i do not want at all), you will still bad mouth morey... nothing is good enough with him for you DD...

Even if we sucked and were tanking youd likely say morey sucks by not being able to field a competetive team...

All the negetivity and outbursts of rage on CF over the past day is ridiculous... and its depressing...

13. DaDakota

Again, if your plan is constantly getting foiled, then you need to adjust your plan - because it is not working.

DD

14. DaDakota

One playoff series win in the last 15 years will do that to us fans.

3 years out of the playoffs, when more than half the teams make it, also will do that to you.

I am a results guy, and right now - the results are just not there.

Negativity is what results.

DD

15. juicystream

Morey has said you either need a top draft pick, or trade for a star. He's said that they won't be having a high draft pick because tanking isn't an option. Basically admitting he's been forced into this situation.

16. juicystream

That's different plans. All ruined for different reasons. Short of intentionally losing games, what other choice is there?

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Alright. So we adjust the plan....

What exactly would you suggest the plan be? Not just in general, specifics, players, free agent signings, and deals that you would make now for the players we have. If Morey is such a bad GM, I wanna know exactly what DD the "GM" would do with all these assets, today.

GO!

18. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

He would probably say I'm just a fan, I'm not paid to do this, just give me results damn it!;)

19. DaDakota

I would have jettisoned all the veterans and gone really young the minute I knew that Yao was not coming back.....

I would have handled it like Portland and shipped out some vets to get playing time for young guys.

DD

20. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I do believe in an old Chinese saying: "Good plans are up to people, whether they succeed or not are up to the Gods".

And I believe there are such things as honorable defeats or go down fighting...