1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head selected to USA Select Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by QdoubleA, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Would that get The Rockets out of his contract?

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I actually had that same thought. It makes more sense than some 3rd party group independently choosing the total scrub that is Luther Head.

Yes, Hayesfan... TOTAL SCRUB.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Yeah that's what I meant. That he just doesn't match up well playing against the Jazz.

It is all about the size of the guards. Next to a taller point guard who can guard the 2, he could guard someone like Jason Kidd.

I dunno. I'm just glad he's getting the opportunity to get some confidence back. Hopefully if he isn't traded this will give him a boost of confidence going into the season and in turn boost his trade value.

4. BrooksBall

For people that understand basketball, it is impossible not to realize how incompetent of an overall player Head is at this point and that he will never overcome his lack of size and one-dimensionalness.

5. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I would take anyone else on that roster.. To replace Head on our roster.. lol.

6. BrooksBall

7. lastmanstanding

How the heck did this happen?

8. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Assistant: "Who else should we put on the Select roster?"
    Coach K: "Oh, that small guy from the Rockets. He's frighteningly quick, he can handle the ball well, and he can shoot. He might be able to keep the team on its toes, and surprise them. It'll be good learning."
    Assistant: "Alright."

*rosters are released*

Coach K: "Who the hell is Luther Head? I wanted Aaron Brooks, dammit."

9. Hayesfan

No, you just only see the bad.

This year he improved in cutting and passing under Adelman. Does he have flaws? Yes, but he's not totally incompetent. When Tmac was out he came in and scored double digits. He struggles at times and sometimes doesn't make the smart play. But he isn't worthless.

And it's not necessary to say the same thing three times in three nearly back to back to back posts. Once is enough. We now know how you feel.

10. BrooksBall

Luther Head sucks. You don't know basketball.

11. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Gee, are these the same posters who were ripping the Syracuse fans for ripping Greene? :rolleyes:

12. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

LUTHER!!! WOO!

13. Hayesfan

And back to the ignore list you go. I am sorry but to say I know nothing is just being a jerk. Who exactly do you think you are? James Naismith?

14. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Gratz luther.

15. lastmanstanding

Anywhere where we can watch these games? I want have a good laugh.

16. cshen

cshen Member

The reasons why Luther is there is to show USA team:

1. How to steal the ball from a bad dribbler

2. How to steal the ball from a bad passer

3. How to defend a bad decision maker

4. How to defend a bad fake pumper

17. alecoool

alecoool Member

LLLOOOLLLL :D

18. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Luther is MIA come playoff time, but minus that, he's pretty serviceable.

People seem to overlook that Luther is NOT a PG. But because of our PG situation, Luther is ASKED to handle those duties, anyway.

As a result, we see what happens.

He over dribbles, doesn't really handle the ball well, basically, just doesn't do a good job.

With the addition of Brent Barry, a capable ball handler now, Luther can go back to doing his thing.

See: Two seasons ago

19. WNBA

WNBA Member

How come a "scrub" like Head can have such many haters? :confused: He does not even have the ability to steal your lunch. Chill, haters.

20. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

I think head is getting more hate than is deserved from rox fan… I understand he has underperformed twice in the playoffs(understatement) and that he is relatively a one dimensional player…BUT, the one dimension that he has is strong. The problem is we haven’t been able to fully and properly harness that dimension. I would rather move Francis (as much as I love him) and bobby Jackson and continue to develop head… If he can continue to learn Rick’s system i.e. cutting, passing and moving without the ball, he can succeed here. After all Rick’s system requires shooting, cutting and moving. Anyways who has more upside right now?
    Bobby Jackson? No
    Francis? NO
    Head? Yes