1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.A. Adande just stated Bulls will match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Jul 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Damn if you do, damn if you don't approach is illogical. :grin:

2. Jet036

Jet036 Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS thank you!

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey could have added a 4th year, making it a 4 year $40M deal-- which probably makes it a difficult deal to carry even on Houston's payroll without the back-loading effect.

Also, if people thought 4 years $25M was worth screaming about, imagine when they hear 4 years, $40M.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

nothing but garbage centers left to pick from when bulls match Asik contract

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

In other words, he could have offered an actual BAD contract. At least, he isn't likely to "fail" in that case. But then, the "Anti-Morey Brigade" would actually be right about him overpaying. I guess they are "right" either way. Nice.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Either Chicago is completely crazy(they aren't known to be crazy spenders) or they got someone willing to take a lot of salary off their hands(like Boozer). I don't see how they can keep Taj Gibson if they match the Asik deal unless they want to spend a lot in the luxury.

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This just might be for the best. Once the Knicks match Lin's offer and the Bulls match Asik's, the Rockets can roll with primarily young guns. Good to see other teams forcing the Rockets in a direction.

8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

dude got ethered...

i said it another thread, morey is in a damned if he does, damned if he doesnt situation with some fans.. theyll find a way to critique every move... bad gms hand out huge untradable contracts to borderline superstars and botch drafts, morey has done neither of those things..

9. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

I don't hate Morey. I just think he's grossly overrated on here & hasn't lived up to expectations. His best move was Artest & that was 2 years ago:rolleyes:

At this point Adande has more credibility than Morey

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I actually hope NY and Chicago match. Too much for too little. I was strongly in favor of retaining Linn, but I don't think he is a near 30 mill guard. Asik isn't a future star. They will be doing the Rockets a favor.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

yes. That is going to be an ariza like contract.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Great. I guess he will be able to net us an asset like Courtney Lee too if all else fails.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

this is good news.

14. passdarock

passdarock Member

He doesnt suck, he simply is not worth the contract offered by the Rockets. If you want your other questions answered you should go to a bulls blog site. if they want to ruin their cap space thats their grief, they may be idiots.

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I hope both Bulls and Knicks match. We will find out by the 14th.

16. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

It's not like they are paying him 15 mill each year. It's only for the last year of his deal. 5 mill for a decent big man. Sure he didn't sure or play big mins. but the 14 mins he did he put up good rebounding and block numbers. But I hope they do match. This team doesn't need to get even a little bit better. THey need to tank.

17. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

calderon is on 10 million

lin is worth the 7.5 million

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not sure how you define rebuilding juxtaposed to tanking....to me the tanking is a nice byproduct of a true rebuild. No reason to have vets around for a real makeover...you don't acquire "need" pieces to help get you over some hump (see Sam Dalembert and/or Marcus Camby)...you play young guys. Even if they're good, history shows they generally lose. That leaves you in a better position come draft time at the end of the year.

But you're right...any franchise needs to be open to acquiring the kind of player you build around...a first or second team ALL NBA guy. But you don't give up the rebuild for anything less than that (See Gasol, Pau)

19. yxx1218

yxx1218 Member

So put five PFs on the court comes true?

20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I kinda how they do match. I want the young guns to get PT and high draft pick next year to go along with Toronto's pick