1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets or Daryl Morey.....Wheres your loyalty ????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dreamshake1, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

This is obviously the worst offseason in Rockets history. From the draft, to our key players leaving, to us overpaying a back up center, to superstars running away from Houston. It seems we have two different types of fans. The die hard Rocket fans who strongly disagree with the direction of the team and then the Morey fans who think we're doing fine, with no superstar an unbalanced roster & coach and GM who apparently nobody wants to play for. They'll support their guy at all cost and even insult you if you suggest Morey's not doing anything less than a spectacular job. My question is where does your loyalty stand? The Rockets or Morey? If Morey steps down or gets terminated will you still be a Rockets fan?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

There are no DMOFs.

3. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Seriously?? Scraping the barrel here guys

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MoRockets!

Rocket River

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Morey leaves, I will move on to support his new team OMG!!

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

There are too many people trying to rationalize Daryl Morey's moves right now and saying GUYS EVERYTHING IS STILL OK AS LONG AS X AND Y HAPPENS.

well X and Y will probably not happen...Morey is just going off the deep end right now. First it seemed like he was still 'collecting' assets with the terrible offer sheets to Asik and Lin, but with the Lowry dump, looks like he suddenly wants to tank now.

The only way Morey can salvage his reputation this offseason is to dump Scola and Martin too..

7. smr6

smr6 Member

How can you crown an offseason the worst in Franchise history when it isn't even to the point where free agents can actually sign their deals. Jumping the gun there aren't we?

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I can't have my cake and eat it too?

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I smell trololoololololol

10. skyline07

skyline07 Member

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Christ, seriously?

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hey Dreamshake1, before I put you on ignore repeated idiotic posts, I would love to hear what your plan would of been going into this offseason.

13. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

We call ourselves the reasonablist

14. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Morey's doing a decent job pursuing a stupid strategy pushed by an owner that's getting up there in age and desperately wants to win now now now. He avoids bad contracts, has a history of one sided deals and drafts very well. We have one of the better GMs in the league. We haven't been in a position to draft a superstar (because of said stupid strategy), we can't find free agents to play in Houston because the city on its own has no appeal and we have no "starter piece" to attract them ala Yao-->TMac, and he's done the best he can do to land superstars via trades. Takes two to tango and no one else wants to tango.

Cut the bull**** already, we aren't the Cavs or Bobcats.

15. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

The choices are not mutually exclusive.

16. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

<<<<<<<<<< Rockets fan no matter what

17. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

So the people that don't like the direction we are headed, saying Orlando was not going to give us Dwight even if we gave all our prospects and some future pics for a 1 year rental, what did you want Morey to do? Add a few more pieces to the same team and squeek into the playoffs? Maybe add Gordon? I don't think these moves make us title contendors which is what I want. I don't want make it into the bottom half of the playoffs every year. That is barely better than we are now.

18. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Nope. Never knee jerk. At this point, our options arent there to turn it around. Our best trade chip has been traded for basically nothing. Dragic left for nothing. Martins coming off injury & Scola's 30 plus. We're officially moving backwards

19. supa

supa Contributing Member

Basically nothing?? Were we not just trying to trade him for the 8 pick last week and now we get a lottery pick and its nothing???

20. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Welcome to the tank. It ain't gonna be pretty.