1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love Patrick Beverley. I'm serious.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Feb 9, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

DrNuegebauer and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

well aren't you a piece of work...

Son... I've been a Rockets fan since before Hakeem was a rookie... so to declare me a D12 fanboi and whatever other drivel is just nonsense...

I get it... haters gonna hate and all that...

Pardon me for appreciating the fact that a coveted free agent chose to come to Houston. I don't think he was fully utilized - along with all the other stupidity that resulted in the season of s*** that was last season..

People need a scapegoat... Dwight's gone... he certainly contributed to the mess... so the hate is a flowin...

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Vernon Maxwell 2.0

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

All of this would be well and good if the Rockets weren't 39-17 WITHOUT this supposed rim protector and FG monster. Dwight did not have the impact you're claiming he did. His post touches were killers for our offense, and he brought hardly anything else to the table other than his ability to set picks and roll to the basket.

Now, don't get me wrong: I will always appreciate the fact that he CHOSE us as a free agent, and that for the most part, he truly did give his all on and off the court. He's an incredibly charitable guy, and it was cool while he was here. But I'm not going to allow that to cloud my judgement about the player he was/is. He was not under-utilized here. He simply wasn't willing to play the role we needed him to play.

34to11 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

People are overweighting last year, and completely forgetting that Dwight was important for us getting to the WCF the year before, when we were the #5 defense.

Some argued Dwight was our best playoff performer when he was here. Not my opinion, but it's arguable. He was definitely our second best player.

Lots of guys had bad years last year, I don't buy that it was all on Dwight. And almost all of them are having better years this year, whether they stayed or not. Dwight is having a better year than either Capela or Nene IMO.

DudeWah and kjayp like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

All I know is I hate Dwight for always smiling. How can anyone treat u serious with respect if u always smiling. We could be down 20 points and the fool is always smiling. But anyways this thread about the love for bev. I wish I can find my old post about my love for bev.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I apologize for thinking you were referring to the correct measure of non-passing, no-midrange Bigs in using Post and Paint touches. I honestly believed you were saying "front court touches" referring to NBA.com's Post and Paint stats. I was wrong to think that's what you meant. You provide a correct fact for sure.

Now your turn

Using either your facts or mine, would you say Howard found a new team to involve him more in the offense -- Noting he says he is happy in ATL? Are you going to keep evading that question?

#108 heypartner, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I love Pat, too.

We are going after depth.

FreeBirds, Bulls, Moose, Bunnies in a Hat and the implosions....

It may not be huge, but it will bolster what we need.

That's what is necessary.

Give me Abel already. :)

Deuce and Vivi like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know about other people. But I know I am overweighting last year and this year, and probably many years to come. :D

Sorry, can't resist. Carry on.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Last time Morey had a magician hat he produced two Freebirds

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, and he always got technical fouls, dumb fouls, and goal tends at the worst times

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like you have just about everyone covered these days Codman. ;)

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

34to11, hakeem94, verse and 1 other person like this.
  16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I would if I could...but some things are monitored. I'll play though: A bunny/rabbit obviously comes from a _____ show. Just consider an unconventional formula where multiple guys/teams play. Hi Weeknd.

Oh, Moose...that's too easy.

FreeBirds...I'll clarify when I have stronger confirmation. I was comfortable mentioning it over and over when I knew FlyRy and Ego were our guys, same with the Brazilian, but I don't want to give false hope.

Along with cancer, I'm bad luck. Remember when we were interested in Noah? Days later:Injured

Remember when J.Jack was a target (close, too)? Days later after I mentioned it, injured, too.

Maybe I don't have cancer...I am the cancer of NBA news.

BTW...NeNe is killin' it and happy as ever. Be good to him. Family stuff is hard off of the court.

Cod

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

awwww, I was just teasing. I enjoy your posts! and your cryptic ways. Do you know if you play Beatles albums backwards you can hear hidden messages? true story. ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thank you for that concession.

My whole point in utilizing the stat I did was to show Dwight's level of involvement (or lack thereof) on the offensive end - basically he was expected to slam down low on the defensive end and jockey for position on the offensive end - but only got to TOUCH the ball approx once for every 4 trips upcourt - and if you take out his offensive rebounds, he fell below 25%...
    I could have gone with shot count - 8.5 last year which was the lowest since his rookie year despite shooting his then career high of 62%... Michael Beasley got 10.3 per game...
    Point being - you gotta feed the dog! It's a rare bread that are content to be the defensive anchor while being an afterthought on the offensive end... Mutumbo was cool like that...

Dwights game didn't change... the powers that be decided that they didn't want to utilize him on offense as his shots steadily declined year by year - 11.3, 10.5, 8.5...
    I doubt that's what he signed up for... he was courted to be a cornerstone with Harden and in a contract year his involvement continued to decline... despite the fact we were badly in need of a second scoring option..

As for Atlanta this year... I think Dwight figures he has probably signed his last big dollar contract and is now not so worried about role... more importantly to him, Atl is more balanced offensively... I think Dwight is happier feeling like an equal member of the Atl team - as opposed to 'one of the guys supporting James Harden..'

So yes, his role in Atl is pretty similar - but he seems more content with it. Nowadays, a good part of the game is placating superstar egos - which we failed to do last year - JBB was a joke.

On a sidenote, I HATED Dwight after the whole SVG news conference debacle and was vehemently opposed to our trying to acquire his services... but I did appreciate him more after watching his efforts as a Rocket over the last few years. I was disappointed with how his tenure came to an end... but I understand and believe there is enough blame to go around.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is EASILY my favorite player on our team!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is one scrappy fighting defensive all out effort every minute of the game kind of player. I just wish he wasn't quite so unselfish! He is a really good 3 pt shooter, and we could use him taking more shots.

20. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

I'm gonna make a guess. Bunny comes from a Magic show, so I'm guessing this means Magic will be involved in a 3 team trade. Moose means Greg Monroe. FreeBirds I'm assuming are the Hawks.. Could be Tim Hardaway Jr... Interesting