1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much money do you make?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dubious, Oct 2, 2004.

?

How much money do you make?

Poll closed Oct 7, 2004.
  1. under $20K (around $10 an hour)

55 vote(s)
    25.3%
  2. $21-35

32 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. $36-50K

37 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. $51-75K

34 vote(s)
    15.7%
  5. $76- 100

22 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Over $100K

37 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. Isabel

Isabel Member

note to self: make sure you don't reply to a post until you see whether or not everyone else is actually going to be serious. Otherwise you end up looking stupid. :eek:

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

What are you trying to say? Are you telling me that this:

is not serious.

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Maybe my loser friends were right after all. Maybe I should have got into the drug dealing business when I had the chance.

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me, personally, or me and my wife combined? There is a huge difference.

If we are talking house buying, then it is combined, in which case it would be over 100k. If it is just me then it is under 25k.

5. rimbaud

Supporting Member

No university should pay that low. Aren't you in the Northwest? For some reason I have that in my head. That would make it even lower. I know, that is the reality of the profession. When my father started he was literally making 12k a year. Different time, but still. He almost always had to work the double summer school load to get extra money to afford the house, children, etc..

6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I'M RICH BI%^H!!!!!!

:D :D

7. xlr817

xlr817 Member

As a Registered Nurse I make around $55, 000 after taxes. I'm just a regular full time staff nurse NOT AGENCY , who can make over $ 100.000 a year if the demands are high. Like a FREE AGENT for different hospitals.;)

8. Isabel

Isabel Member

I'm in rural Texas, so it's not that bad; the cost of living is pretty low out here. Still, kind of funny when you have university faculty sharing tips on where to find secondhand clothing on your trips into town. :) For the most part, I don't mind - it keeps me "real" - but right now I'm married to someone who makes a lot less than I do, and I can't imagine trying to raise kids on this budget.

Overloads, summer school, research, and music gigs rule... I try to get as much of the above as I can to pad the bank account.

9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

hoo boy.....let's hear it for the Sharpstown boys marrying well!!!

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No kidding. My mom works part time and still pulls in nearly 6-figures - it's nuts. But then she studied and worked her butt off to get all kinds of accreditations/certifications for the past 30 years she's been in the country. I attribute much of my drive to watching her as I grew up. It's not an easy job, though, and a lot of people that get into it just for the money usually fail or are miserable.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i make no money.

12. rimbaud

Supporting Member

Funny. It is true, though, she could check the highest box by herself and she took a paycut a year or so ago when switching jobs that was bigger than my salary. It makes my desire to be in academia much easier, for sure (although I have told her she shold change careers).

13. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I make less than $13,000 a year. That's with a degree from UT.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

glad to see Im not the only one that makes less than his wife....she is in management...and I actually work for a living...she makes almost double what I make easy...

but if the damn IT biz would pick up, I could rectify that. :(

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The more you make, the more taxes get taken out...Also, the more you save for your 401K, the less disposable income you have...

Moral: no matter how much you make before taxes and investing, there isn't much left over for the fun stuff....

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Umm, dude....you got screwed by a Longhorn.

17. Mrs. Valdez

Mrs. Valdez Member

No. People spend what they can afford to spend on their children however much or little that is. Many years my parents were technically below the poverty level but between scholarships and creativity, they put five children through private schools and we never went hungry. They didn't buy us cars or expensive vacations. There was a group of kids I spent time with in high school who were having various psychological struggles and drug addictions and were in a program that was costing their parents over $100k per year!

JV and I are thinking we'll have a few kids and adopt at least one and worry about the costs when they arise.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, but you get to live on the Seychelles :).