1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Also, it was never explained in the last 15-20 mins of the finale, how Saul survived the car attacks.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Gives them a chance for him to possibly have been involved in the conspiracy.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Thank you. I was wondering that too. Also, last time I checked, those vehicles are pretty bomb proof. So to actually cause the devastation it did either the bomb needed to bigger, or they needed to mess with the cars before the attacks. If the cars were already booby trapped, why wait for them to drive out of the garage? If the bomb was bigger, how did Saul survive?

I gotta say I think Billions has passed this show as my favorite showtime show. Not a bad season, but really annoying at times.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I found the whole scene silly. There is an alleged bomb threat in the hotel and the first thing they do is run and evacuate. Nevermind checking the street for anything that could remotely hold a bomb. It gets more ridiculous when they run back and only have one security guard in the whole building. It was all sloppy, very atypical of Homeland.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

There's no such thing as a bomb-proof SUV, hell the military humvees and Bradleys and whatnot are still susceptible.

But yeah, if Saul survived he would be in intensive care with massive brain trauma and shrapnel injuries right now.

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

i dont know...i watched the whole season and while it had flashes of !!!! most of it was blah.
    carrie being annoying as usual. oh yes i am an ex cia agent but i don't get the concept of child care.

the first 4 episodes or so they wasted on that stupid kid traveling to nigeria..who the f cares. he was killed anyway. its like these writers tried to mirror current events too much.
    ultimately what was the point of this season? what was the main story line??

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This story line was setting up for next season. Carrie and Saul will have to dethrone the evil HillaRump and save our country from becoming a dictatorship. The fact they are trying to keep up with current events leads me to believe they have no plan on how to end the series ... w/out complete disappointment.

8. Buck Turgidson

heypartner likes this.
  9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Proof is not the right word. Resistant. It's like water-proof versus water resistant. I rephrase my question then, aren't they rather bomb resistant? I remember watching an episode of How it's Made on those types of SUVs, and blowing them up seemed like it would take some firepower. But you get my point. It was sloppy. Felt more like regular TV, not like cable. I'm not watching Designated Survivor here.

10. cebu

cebu Member

Saul was not in the black SUV. He took an UBER ride.

11. cebu

cebu Member

great way to end a season, making it a weak finale.

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bump.

Feel like this show took a really big turn towards relevancy last night. Really good episode.

GRENDEL and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I've really enjoyed this season, last episode's turn was really well done. Looking forward to the rest of the season....

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I literally hate Brett O'Keefe

- Jose Altuve

Sajan and justtxyank like this.
  15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great season. Finally looking forward to season 8 instead of dreading it.

justtxyank likes this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Really enjoyed the season.

With that said...

The ultimate ending would have been for the Russians to execute Carrie and be done with it. It's just not feasible for her to continue to be so involved with national security and classified information with her issues. Even Donald Trump would have a problem with her getting access!

I was so hoping for an Americans like scene in the gulag where they walked her to a room, told her she was guilty and bang. Fade to black, show over.

Saul was the star of the season, but he's been the best part of the show all along in my opinion.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not sure if this should be spoilered, but just in case:

I read where originally the show was intended to end with just one season and Brody blowing up along with the VP. When they saw how well Brody and Carrie connected with viewers they changed and expanded the story.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

just finished this season....

why didn't she just take off her damn wig?

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone watching Season 8? It's at Ep4. The plot is making peace with the Taliban to end the war.

cool tidbit, the president mentions my hometown, just a small town in the cornfields of Illinois.

GRENDEL likes this.
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Been watching the new season, pretty solid so far.....