1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Glad we aren't playing the Mavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by code_red, Apr 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

we wouldnt be playing dallas in the first place, we would of got NOLA..

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

You are wrong.

3. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

If the Rockets keep playing like this I don't care who they play I'll take my chances. The Lakers aren't unbeatable. I they better worry about the Jazz.

5. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Exactly what I wanted to say. believe our team can beat anyone.

6. aaarcher

aaarcher Member

yes i think so. lucky!

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We would OWN the Mavs in a series.

The problem is that San Antonio is done without Ginobli.....

DD

8. qiuhong

qiuhong Member

I'm amazed by people thinking Rockets playing against Mavs with HCA has better chance than playing Portland without HCA.

I'm also amazed by people prefer to choose, if they can, to play against Mavs in first round so that we can avoid Laker in the second round, like we can beat Mavs for sure.

As Yao Ming pointed out in yesterday's postgame comments, passing the first round is his main focus for this playoff.

We definitely don't want to be SA right now. We definitely don't want to be in the situation of losing the first round again this time and dreaming that we can avoid Laker to pass second round if we passed first round. That situation will be too bad for Houston to swallow. That situation will just make Yao to decide to leave Houston.

9. forrealtuan

forrealtuan Member

agree. Dallas is a good team although they're the 7th seat. In fact, they're going to beat both Spurs and Nuggets.

10. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Do you think the Lakers are old and crippled, no way, Kobe has shown he can take a beating. Also keep in my the Rox might be tired themselves by the 3rd round, Im tired of hearing that weak excuse

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

DALLAS in the WCF? Wow that's really depressing, I'd rather see Denver make it.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I absolutely agree. I think our main goal first and foremost is to GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND!!! Anything else is a bonus imho. Next year I hope we win the division and avoid the Lakers but for now I just care about us getting out the 1st and I for sure did not want us playing Dallas.

13. swakid8

swakid8 Member

You guys that wanted to play the Mavs need to realize something. We would have to beat the Mavs first to get to the second round. I say, we take these series one at a time and not get ahead of oursevles. Its worry about portland first. If we beat portland, then we will worry about our second opponents.

14. chris845

chris845 Member

I know what y'all mean. The Rockets chose the best matchup in the first round. They totally took the crowd out of that game after the first quarter and lead by at least 20 points from late in the 3rd quarter on. Yao just dominated the Oden/Przybilla matchup, Brooks stepped up big, and it seems like the Blazers got a harsh slap in the face of what the playoffs are really like. Actually looking at the Blazers bench in the 4th quarter from a shot at the camera, a couple of them were just laughing and joking. They just might've been glad to be there.

The Mavericks are peaking at the right time. They have so much offensive power that they can cause matchup problems for anybody. Kidd can create off the dribble despite his age, Nowitski can shoot from the outside, slash to the basket, or even dominate inside. You have two more legitimate scorers in Terry and Howard. They won 18 of their last 20 at home. Outside of the Lakers in the West, they can beat about anybody. That would've been a tougher matchup for sure.

We have to get past the first round to be worried about the Lakers. Who knows what might happen? Kobe Bryant might get injured or so could Bynum. Its a .0000000001 percent chance that anything happens to Kobe, but you never know. Rockets need to worry about taking care of business in the first round. I believe that we can take Cleveland, and Boston (without KG) in a long fought series IF we get by the Lakers.