1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Deckard: Hypothetical Scenario to Acquire Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aelliott, Jun 9, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Works for contracts signed under the old cba only

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

But they could easily move him at the deadline

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I wonder if those contracts still exist.

4. justtxyank

Asik

:)

RasaqBoi, BigMaloe and ashleyem like this.
  5. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

Can the rockets include the rights to Llul and Gentile ( or any other euro right they might have) in a deal like this? If so, any cap impact?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You can include them but they count $0.

DonKnock, RasaqBoi and hakeem94 like this.
  7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Just realized Aaron Jackson can't be traded until July 11. Unless we trade Nene, there's no way we can aggregate enough salary to take on Asik's deal.

8. justtxyank

Now that I think about this, we don’t have to complete it before the new year begins so we? Wasn’t the reason we had to do the cp3 trade then because of his salary jumping beyond what we could afford?

He can opt in and we just wait to finalize the deal. We could even theoretically trade a player like nene for more salary on draft night right? Would just have to wait to finalize any deal for lebron for 30 Days?

Am I right here?

jacoby and joshuaao like this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This trade would get them out of the luxury tax.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

But we have to finalize the trade before we make the other moves. We cannot go over the apron at the point of completion of the trade.

11. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Thx for the explanation of how Morey could make this work to sign LeBron. While it’s possible he could end up in Houston the chances seem fairly remote at this point given that Anderson’s contract has to be unloaded. Then you have to consider what LeBron wants for his family.

Personally, I think he either stays in Cleveland or heads to LA to team up with PG. His wife is well-established in Akron and his two boys are in middle school, one of which is entering high school and is playing basketball at a high level. From what I’ve read they spend a lot of summers in LA. Would LeBron be enticed by the lights of LA if he could team with PG? That would give them a lineup of LeBron, PG, Ball, Kuzma, Randle, and Ingram. Kuzma and Ingram are ballers and that’s certainly better than what he has in Cleveland, not to mention PG instead of Love.

I really think Houston clearly gives LeBron the best chance at another championship but several rings would have to align perfectly for it to happen. He would need to opt in and be traded, Morey would need someone to take Anderson’s contract, and LeBron would need to believe Houston gives him the best chance at beating the Warriors. It could happen but I think LA is in a better position to sign him without hitting the team.

I seriously hope Morey gets an answer soon and doesn’t let all the other quality FA’s get away. We were so close this year to taking down the Warriors. A tweak here and there could be all that it takes to take them down.

#51 RocketOrg, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

In that case they should look to SACtown and eat Randolph's salary instead.

13. Ratman

Ratman Member

What worries me is that he said “this situation isnt like 2010” he has a little girl and his boys are older. It will be harder for him to leave from a family standpoint and we all know Lebron is all about his family. However, if you did leave, why not go to your sons godfathers team?

14. Ratman

Ratman Member

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

More aelliott posts please! This was a great read.

Clearly Sacramento, Atlanta and Chicago are the prime dumping grounds.

And personally, I think you are on the right track of the dumping ground "minimizing the pain" but offloading a bad salary to the Rockets.

Part of the cost of doing business is the Rockets taking back a bad contract. I am sure Morey would do that, with the belief that he could then move that deal later on for a lesser evil deal.

Chicago is a great team to chose here. Remember, it was Chicago that sold their 2nd round pick to the Warriors for cash...that ended up being @Clutch's favorite, Jordan Bell. So the Bulls will help anyone if it helps them. If they can nab a 1st round pick, meet salary floor expectations and also get rid of someone, this seems like a workable deal. I am sure Morey would be more than happy to explain these great benefits to the Bulls.

BigMaloe, UTSA2step, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I could seriously see a team like the 76ers taking Gordon for a 1st. He would be a perfect fit there.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Is this #NewMath ?

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He would be nice replacement for Reddick but they have their own delusional thinking of landing bron bron.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well, in this case, they would know at that point that LeBron wasn't going there.

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Thanks. Cap Obvi!