1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fix is in...Foster refs game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slpntz, Apr 30, 2019.

1. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

0 for everything I believe

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have tried handling this carefully.

They Rockets first unofficially brought it to the leagues attention and nothing changed.

The Rockets next had audits done of the Warriors games and games 6 and 7 last year. The Rockets unofficially presented the audit to the league office last year after getting screwed in games 6-7 in an upbeat and non confrontational manner and nothing changed.

Then the Rockets players complained publicly about Foster during the season and the NBA responded by pulling Foster after an investigation.

Then game one happened and the Warriors noticeably were allowed to foul without calls, especially at the end of the game.

At that point Daryl Morey leaked the audits of games 6-7 and also that they have had audits kept of Warriors games.

Media people that did not get the leak, lashed out like that fat POS that covers LeBron for ESPN.

The league responded by leaking that the Rockets audit is wrong.

The league then quickly addressed that the officials missed 3 calls in the last 2 minutes BUT one of the other calls the Rockets complained about was proper.

The NBA players began going to social media to complain.

The NBA this morning responds by having Foster named to head the crew for game 2.

The NBA I am sure will claim he is their top official and that is why they named him.

The Rockets know that the NBA front office is trying to quiet any claim of unfair officiating and also to punish the Rockets.

What I can tell you, based on history is that the NBA will not bend to the Rockets will in this series. We may get a cleaner game 2 or we may see the NBA go out and call it very negative to the Rockets..... but I can almost 100% guarantee you that Foster will be calling game 7 of the series if it goes that far, and it isn't going to benefit the Rockets.

So the long answer to your question is that there isn't much the Rockets front office can do. The NBA has a history of black balling people and no one in the Rockets front office wants to lose their job.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Game 3...retired ref in wheelchair brought back.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

With Foster reffing we are 9-3 regular season, 0-6 playoffs since 2016.

6. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

They aren't even trying to hide it. Clearly rigged. I honestly thought they would wait until game three for Scott Foster, but I guess they want this thing over quickly.

#166 House Rockets, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this should be a sticky :D

justtxyank and Nook like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

was that confirmed? I must of missed that somewhere

9. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Excellent point. I thought about this myself after reading that tweet.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Harden has a jacked up hand and only shoots 44% from the floor normally. His value is in 3's and free throws.

11. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

Surprised the line hasn’t moved at all.

WestendMassive likes this.
  12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think Nostradamus may have predicted this. Let me check his writings real quick. Yea..

"A bearded black man in red shall fall upon deaf ears and rise up to no avail."

DeadGato and Harrisment like this.
  13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Let's just cancel the season.

Or let's show some toughness and win tonight.

14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Allright we know we hate Scott Foster and he hates us. But same goes for GSW... They hate him and he hates them. I read the numbers and their w% drops from like 88% to 50% when he is officiating lol. Given his shady past he can make more money with betting on Rockets win so maybe he will fix it that way lol

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The problem with that claim is A) the NBA refuses to release the officiating crews BEFORE the series begins and B) the league can reassign refs. We saw that in Game 4 in the first round. Tony Brothers wasn't supposed to officiate at Utah, but he supposedly was called in when Ed Malloy got hurt. BTW, the Rockets lost only one game vs the Jazz in that series and it was that one.

16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

NBA gives no ****s.

17. Nook

Nook Member

We can look at history. When the officiating is questioned...... and more specifically, when the league is questioned about influencing officiating; the league comes out 100% and tries to punish and crush those raising the issue. That even carries over to the media. The idea of officiating is very carefully discussed by people like Windhorst.

18. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

19. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

All in the money to buy Warriors win, if NBA gives those unfair refs for Houston matches. At least, you can get back some money for your enjoyment

20. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I don’t click often but when I do I like to hear my views agreed upon. :D

BigMaloe likes this.