1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight's Press Conference

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AndySwanny, Apr 28, 2013.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Then it's 95% LA
    5% Other

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Anyone who wouldn't want Asik and Howard in the front court is crazy. Good luck going to the basket if you're the other team

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

they were hardly the words of 95%, that was like a timewarp to 2010.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Haden/Lin driving? Good luck.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wrong thread

#25 J.R., Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  6. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

[​IMG]

7. Nook

Nook Member

He aint going to Brooklyn.

Houston and Dallas are his most likely landing spots if he leaves LA.

The Rockets should not be the favorites, but the chances of him ending up in Houston are as good as ever. He would fit very well with the Rockets offensive and defensive schemes.

If Howard ends up in Houston, another domino will fall with Asik and possibly Lin being dealt for cap space to sign another elite player, or in a trade for an elite player.

1 person likes this.
  8. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I wouldn't. A stretch 4 would murder us, and on offense, the lane would be so jammed up without a real dominant low post scorer that it would really hurt our driving game.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think Howard should leave, but I think you're reading too much into his answer. Howard likely wasn't thinking too hard about the word choice of the question -- he heard a question about free agency and moved to put the kibosh on it as succintly as possible. That's all.

If we did get Howard, I think it inevitable that Asik gets traded for a starting power forward. With Howard/Harden, we shift to win-now mode and don't have time to mess around with rookie big men and 'potential.' And Asik doesn't want to go back to back-up minutes, which would be a waste anyway. I'd like an upgrade on Lin too, but he's servicable and I'm not so sure Alexander will abandon his China gambit so easily.

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

This x1000.

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I despise ignorance like this...a complete lack of understanding of the situation. Even though it has been explained TIME AND TIME AND TIME TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: ugh

SNT with BROOKYLN IS AN IMPOSSIBILITY!

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

fixed ;)

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

"AN VIRTUAL"

:rolleyes:

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I wonder if there is a way we can get Dwight and Pau next season. Say Dwight signs with us, or we do a S&T. The Lakers are basically forced to rebuild, right? Why would they keep Gasol around, especially if they got a decent offer for him?

Asik (or Lin) + Garcia (exercise his option) + Delfino (non guaranteed) would get it done. They get a solid young center and some salary savings after the season. Question is would they value Asik more than the savings from letting all of Gasol's contract expire? I would guess the answer is yes with it being the Lakers of all teams, given their history of paying luxury tax.

Of course this is assuming no other superstars become available that we can trade for that are younger/better than Gasol. It gives us a potent frontcourt and still leaves salary cap flexibility with Gasol expiring. If Dwight were to sign, Morey would instantly go to title contention mode IMO and there is no available PF, short of maybe Kevin Love, that would make us better contenders than Gasol.

15. gambingo

gambingo Member

If he's leaving LA, which i doubt, i hope we don't go after him. He couldn't even post up against Aron Baynes yesterday. And then he got frustrated because the refs finally called fouls on his blatant elbows. Do we really want this overrated prima donna and mental midget on our team?

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Dwight is not a low post player. You don't use him in the post as primary option. You run pick and roll, get him running to the basket. He'll be able to finish all of those plays that Asik cannot due to lack of athleticism/bad hands. And he can be an even better defender if he wants to be.

I don't disagree that his attitude is concerning, but I think McHale plus a stable situation here (as opposed to the circus in LA) could help that.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Agreed. If he came here, it would be on HIS terms (not via trade), so I really don't think his attitude is too big of a concern. I think everyone with any kind of basketball IQ understands what Dwight brings to the Rockets.....even Dwight himself would probably acknowledge that the Rockets are the best place for him ON the court. It's his bank account, and his desire to be in the limelight that will probably have him in a Lakers uniform next year.

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Exactly. This is worth repeating.

That's why I think the "Dwightmare" concerns are overblown. For starters, 99% of his act is due to the inherent leverage that comes from being a max guy in the last year of his contract. Many things are blown out of proportion with everything under the microscope from media and fans.

Second, he doesn't come here if he wants to be THE guy. The world knows this is James Harden's team. The world knows the style and pace at which we play. If he comes here, it's because he wants to win and because he thinks it makes sense for him from a basketball standpoint.

If he's the selfish ******* that many think he is, only out for limelight, attention, money and to be THE GUY... he'll stay in LA. It's a no-lose situation for the Rockets... if he comes here, it's under his terms and locked in for four years. We won't be getting the act he's put on for the past 18 months.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If last night's stupid media questions didn't drive him away then today's exit interview round will. Can't wait! :cool:

20. CertifiedTroll

He almost is starting to be Ron Artest 2.0 . He tries tries tries to say the right things off the court, but is just a moron instinctively.