1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwightmare over according to ESPN

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Horry33, Aug 9, 2012.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

So just act petty and sit still and not try to improve your team? ok

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Do you think that the choices are 'help the Lakers' or 'do nothing and be petty'? You must be a Laker fan.

1 person likes this.
  3. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

You do what you gotta do to improve your team. Whats so damn hard to understand.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

that's what I'm thinkin....

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Or maybe Orlando places a value on making Howard and his agent happy. Trading Howard where he wants to go keeps them from looking like the bad guy. Keeping his agent happy ensures he and other agents don't blackball them from clients and other than that maybe a pat on the back from the media for giving them the second item (NY) on their wishlist, Kobe vs. LeBron.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Apparently for Orlando, it's quite hard.

7. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Overall the trade helped both the Lakers and Memphis. If Memphis was not so incompetent at drafting they could have had a roster of or something similar:

PG: Conley
    SG: Harden
    SF: Rudy Gay
    PF: Kevin Love
    C: Marc Gasol

They missed out on so many good players like Westbrook, Kevin Love, Eric Gorden, Curry, Rubio, Harden, Hibbert, Tyreke Evans. Also gave away Lowry for scraps.

8. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

The grizzlies trade ended up being alright but it still wasn't a good trade. It gave one team a top 5 pf for a bunch of unknown assets and no high draft picks. Marc Gasol becoming great was pretty much a fluke in terms of that trade, if he was supposed to be this good he would not have been drafted that low.

This trade would also be pretty terrible as they are not getting really good assets to move forward with. The Magic should be looking to get high draft picks and young players, that is what you do when you trade away a franchise center. The laker trade does not give anything close to that. The rockets could easily give something better even for a rental.

9. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

No basketball reason this time?

10. Hui

Hui Member

The West conference will be more stacked :p

I just think Orlando knows they cant do much this year. They just dont want Miami to win the championship again.

11. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Lawson
    Iggy
    Gallo
    Faried
    McGee

Hello NBA 2K13!

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah that's a nice team

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I didn't really want Howard but seeing him go to LA for just Bynum is even more lopsided than the Gasol deal. If they had given up Pau and at least two unprotected first round picks it would've been somewhat fair. How fun would it be if the Magic GM is fired right after this deal? Morey stood firm so my guess is he became desperate, but not getting at least Bynum / Pau in return is beyond belief.

14. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Does anyone know what type of protection those picks are? Top 3, top 5, lottery protected, etc. Bad deal for Orlando. I can't believe all LA gives up is Bynum and a worthless super late 1st round pick and they get Howard.. :rolleyes:

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This trade is 10 times more lopsided than the Gasol-CP3 deal last summer. LA gives up a protected 1st in 2017 and Bynum for Howard? That's it? Ridiculous. Basketball reasons.

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

All Denver needs is Kevin Martin's offense. Just saying.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Go easy on Hennigan. Hearing Orl Pres Alex Martins likely ran this one. Always good to have non-bball folks make critical decision.</p>&mdash; John Hollinger (@johnhollinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/233888970566684672" data-datetime="2012-08-10T11:34:10+00:00">August 10, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

This trade is worse for Orlando and better for LA than the one that I thought was a pile reported by Wojnarowski.

/sososososoconfused

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If I were in Hennigan's shoes I would seriously quit if that's the case.

20. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

So is Howard for sure signing in LA? I have doubts that this is a win for them just yet -- maybe I'm just an extreme Laker hater (huge possibility). Like, does anyone have a tally on all the draft picks they've given up this offseason? Combine that with Nash being old, Kobe looking real old during the Olympics, Howard's back, Pau's sandy vagina, Kobe's whiny alpha dog vs. Howard's whiny alpha dog ... I dunno.

Perfect scenario? Howard's back isn't up to snuff, Kobe's ego clashes with Howard's ego, the triangle offense plus Kobe's chucking all but nullifies Nash's abilities, Ron Artest hurts someone and this thing is Payton/Kobe/Shaq/Malone 2.0.

One can dream.