1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwightmare over according to ESPN

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Horry33, Aug 9, 2012.

1. RockSC

RockSC Member

That does put LA to be a contender for sure. Likely taking OKC to 7 games with that lineup.
    Rockets was never gonna get D12. He never wanted to be here despite that Rockets had better offer. Gratz on Sterm. Another reason not to root for the high profile teams. Stack moar!

2. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

Good Job DM for just saying NO TO D-HO

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Let's be real about it now. Bynum is the 2nd best C in basketball, and young. Injury prone sure but he clearly was the best available asset. LA paid a decent price to upgrade to the top C. The Sixers just benefit instead of the Magic.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

jopat faints

5. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

wasn't that suppose to happen last playoffs too? lol

6. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Even if Bynum is 2nd best center in league they still just upgraded a lot and it didn't cost them anything. In comes howard and out goes Bynum and a pick that might be last pick in the 1st round.

On a side note i thought posting this thread was going to get a my 2nd bar of reps but not a one:(

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i figured out how LA keeps ripping off teams in trade deals.

lakers GM is a jedi, and the only reason his jedi mind tricks didn't work on NOLA is that stern is a sith lord

[​IMG]

#67 fallenphoenix, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You mean a Sith? What a loser.

9. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Every time the Lakers are on the brink of imploding, they somehow get it all together and become contenders. Unbelievable.

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

FFS at this trade

Why other franchises in this league are so eager to help the Lakers win rings, I'll never understand.

This right here is a good example of why as much as I love basketball, it'll never touch the NFL for me.

11. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Well Well Well Well :grin:

12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Because the other teams aren't petty. They want to improve at the end of the day and they've done so. Who cares if the Lakers improve as long as each team does their work in improving their team? That has always been the case

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

This is the part of the trade announcement that led to me questioning Hennigan's sanity. WTF?

You've basically gotten trade b*tchslapped and you don't put your foot down to make sure you get the unprotected pick???

That I think is even worse than the players they got in return. Or maybe I'm being too harsh, I dunno.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Not yet. Won't believe it until it's final. Only thing I can figure out is Morey convinced Les to pull out. Because this deal is easily beatable by Morey. I just don't believe it until it actually goes through. I am still convinced it is a ploy. This is not a good trade for Orlando. Either Morey pulled out or Orlnado is being very, stupid. No way around it.

But right now I'm going to bed.

15. Coach AI

lol

Somebody tell Hennigan.

They aren't petty, just apparently very dumb. Or Laker fans.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

A good deal for everyone.

Except Orlando, why give up Richardson if only to take on 2 big contracts in Affalo and Harrington?!?! They would have been better letting him leave for nothing.

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Isn't it how it always seems at first? Look at Memphis, with Pau 0-12 in playoffs in 3 consecutive years going nowhere, they dumped him got a nice package an they squeezed it and maximized and it helped them WIN a playoff series and make the playoffs again and still set themselves up to be middle of pack in the West. Hennigan has his own ideas and if he feels his goals are met, he'll maximize it and the team will rebound back. They're in the (L)Eastern conference it aint hard

18. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

So Orlando plans to start rebuilding with 1 lottery and 3 mid-late picks with turkoglu and duhon still on the books and a young prospect with high potential in Afflalo, harkless, and vucevic? That hennigan is pure GENIUS.

19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Coach AI

memphis hasn't done anything (except help the Lakers get a ring) and won't do much of anything (middle of the pack indeed). The goal is to improve to win championships. You don't do that by making championship caliber teams out of your competition.