1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft lottery possible rockets picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCHAMP, Mar 20, 2010.

?

WHO do you think the rockes should draft

1. A power forward that will possibly be a carl landry type player

58 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. A backup for yao who the rockets have need for a while

247 vote(s)
    58.4%
  3. Get a scoring wing in the draft and get a center or PF in the offseason

118 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. zlray700

zlray700 Member

He didn't help GTown do anything the years he has been there; GTown has not accomplished much so I have never been high on him. Lets not draft him please.

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

In Morey we trust! :grin:

Nobody is better than Morey for drafting rookies.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are asssuming that he won't beat anyone out or that the roster will be stagnant.

You collect assets and then you use them to make the team better.

DD

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I wouldn't be suprised if we picked up a point gaurd or a shooting gaurd. ;)

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

It's not his defense we want. It's his mobility, his ability to shoot midrange jumpers, his ability to handle the ball, ability to run pick and rolls well, his ability to be like a LamarOdom-lite or a Brad Miller type player in RA's system. How can you not love somebody for that?

What are his major weaknesses? We all know his defense is lacking but it's about team defense and help defense. We have Chuck, Shane, Yao, and Ariza for that matter.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

If you're just going to trade him, trade the pick instead and buy into the second round for a guy like Parakhouski.

I believe in having a plan and drafting for need.

7. LifeisButaDream

Well they did say at this point in time.Like Hill a off season with us would do wonders.

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Fixed! :grin:

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

IMO you should Draft from talent...not from need

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

We already have Andersen for a defensively soft, scoring-minded center with a good jumper. Really, we don't need more scorers at all. We have lots of them and our offense is great, and it will only get better once Yao returns. Our biggest weakness is, by far, interior defense, so that's what we should focus on in the draft.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think it is the other way around. When Yao comes back our high post offense will not be as effective. Yao is more effective when he is down low, not when he is 16-17 feet out on top of the key or on the elbows. Yao will help our interior defense so much. Just having him will deter alot of shots in the paint and it would put alot less pressure on guys like Scola to be the main post defender.

12. LifeisButaDream

Well this kid gives us both.<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e0t3iKQCkzY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e0t3iKQCkzY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yes, he will, but he will never again see as big of minutes as he once did. We will have large portions of every game where we will be lacking an interior presence as we have all season. There is also a chance Yao goes down again, and if he does, I don't want to be hung out to dry on interior D... I want to still have a fighting chance against any team, and our soft interior defense is what is preventing that from happening this season.

14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Morey will trade down to late 1st and draft someone projected to be a late 2nd round pick and he'll end up being a top 10 player from the draft....

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I guess Sanders would be okay LifeIsButADream... really tall and long. He's more of a project though and I'd prefer a guy who can jump right in and contribute to a championship run at the 5 next season.

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

DD's right, go for the best player available

Signed,

Aaron Brooks

17. LifeisButaDream

Thats why i said a Hill-C/Sanders-PF front court. :grin:

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Rafer Alston was manning the 1 when we drafted Brooks. So I would definitely say that was drafting from need :grin:

19. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

and Steve Francis....and Bobby Jackson

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Best player available. You never draft to fill a positional need. That's how fail draft selections happen.