1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey's Big gift to a Little Fan!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Sep 12, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

About 2 weeks ago we recieved a package in the mail addressed to my daughter Tayleesha, all the way from Houston.

She was very excited, as the week previous she had recieved some awesome gifts from people who had read her story here on Clutchfans.

(can read here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=215259 )
    You can also see the gifts sent by other Clutchfans members on the last few pages.

These fans had sent her t-shirts, collectables, books...even Clutch the Bear got involved. These gifts really lifted her spirits, especially after receiving her chemotherapy treatments she would come home and see a package 'all the way from America!' waiting for her.

But we had been waiting on a 'special' package from GM Daryl Morey, who had contacted us via twitter and personal email earlier to wish her well...

When Tayleesha opened the package she was so happy. It was an autographed Kevin Martin jersey. Tayleesha was overwhelmed with joy to get her very own autographed Rockets jersey.

I'm still till in the process of getting her a personalised #99 Rockets Jersey.

She also changed her little athletics number to #12 for this season...to be like
    K-Mart...yes she still does little athletics, won't let losing an inner ear, a skull based tumour, 4 operations and the fact that she is on chemotherapy to stop her
    or be an excuse not to keep living life to the full.

What a little champion. Here are the pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TEARS OF JOY

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And From Clutch the Bear

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You wouldn't know that she was Sick by her attitude and actions. She truly has the heart of a champion. She loves getting on Clutchfans with daddy and reading all the well wishes that y'all post. Keep them coming, please.

Thank you & God bless.

UPDATE
    Finally some good news was given, that my daughter is responding to the treatment, and that the tumour is starting to shrink to a point where it hopefully can be removed permanently.

I thank God that we have the number 1 surgeons and oncology doctors in the Southern Hemisphere treating her, and the prayers and well wishes from everyone who has read her inspirational story.

#1 IzakDavid13, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    5 people like this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hmmm... They seem to have sent her the Eugene Kevy edition Clutch the Bear doll.

[​IMG]

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

What a great house full of Rocket fans, I wish you all the best.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's a lot of Clutch paraphernalia. Sweet Suzie is going to have to step up and send her something now, on behalf of the RPDs.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's awesome. I hope she keeps progressing well and gets completely healthy.

By the way, how does she feel about Jeremy Lin? Does she have a favorite player out of the new ones?

6. IzakDavid13

She likes Chandler Parsons, Lamb and the one called 'Donuts'...because he's called 'Donuts'! But hasn't really had a chance to see them play apart from the summer league.

She calls the RPD the Rockets Dancing princesses.:)

7. IzakDavid13

I thought the same thing!!!

[​IMG]

8. dayanm

dayanm Member

Tayleesha FTW

9. nbafever

nbafever Member

Our prayers and hugs to Tayleesha! Prayers for complete healing

Props to you too, I'm sure she gets her big heart from you and your wife. Inspiring season even before it starts ...

10. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Had tears in my eyes, she looks the same age as my daughter. All the best IzakDavid13 (also which part of the southern hemisphere? I'm in Perth - Australia)

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Great to hear she responds well to the treatment and to see your daughters happy. All the best and let's hope you can remove the tumor soon.

To the Clutch bear thing: Feel like they should revamp this doll, really looks like Eugene, don't understand why they have these eye brows, totally different from the real mascot.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I should've said "the doctors", not "you". Let the doctors do their thing and don't interfere. :grin:

13. IzakDavid13

Fairfield in Sydney. I go to Perth once a year for church conference in Beechboro.

14. Sean88888

Sean88888 Member

Wow I thought I'm the only NBA fan in Australia. THERE ARE 2 OTHERS??

15. Dei

Dei Member

Kevin Martin? I thought Morey and Martin weren't close.

16. IzakDavid13

Little do you know...:grin:

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Heroic isn't strong enough a word. I am always blown away when I read a thread about her - there's no way I could have powered through any of that with the positive outlook. That takes an inner strength I've never even had to contemplate. Really puts things in perspective. Thank you for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Thanks for sharing. It is good to know just a little Rockets treasure will give her happiness. I hope this upcoming season, the Rockets will give her more happiness with wins, if not we have many more Rockets seasons for her. Stay strong, Go Rockets!!!

19. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Man, something keeps getting in my eyes. Beautiful story and very classy of the Rockets organization. I hope for continued success for your daughter and family.

20. chizzell

chizzell Member

David- I sent you an email.

1 person likes this.