1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/19/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2017.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Ken Mauer and Malloy will be reffing. They'll try to hand this one to the thunder

vtjsr2 likes this.
  2. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Yep, don't expect 5 shooting fouls from 3point distance tonight. Win or lose, this game will definitely be much closer. The NBA doesn't want another Houston blowout

3. zzpot

zzpot Member

I just wanted to post so I could look at my Avatar......LOL

Os Trigonum and Ramo$e like this.
  4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

LMAO wtf is this crap. Yes, Westbrook bested Harden by an astronomical 2pts and 2rebs/game on his way to 1 win against Harden all year.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think this one will be close, we will have to make a few big plays down the stretch to win this one.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

That dude couldn't even figure out that the game plan was for Harden to sag off of a 25% 3 point shooter in Roberson in order to clog the paint, so in his eyes, Harden played absolutely zero defense in game 1 because he left Roberson wide open lmao.

How was the crowd bro? I remember u saying that it was your 1st playoff game. Bev would've had me soooo hype. My reaction to Harden making Kanter dance would've been something like

[​IMG]

I wanted to go to game 1, but I think I'll go to game 5 and see us close them out.

BigMaloe and rocketman84 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Facts? Be critical? That fool couldn't even figure out what the defensive game plan was and decided to say that Harden played absolutely zero defense in game 1. He was probably the only one who didn't realize that a 25% 3 point shooter in Roberson was being left open from beyond the arc on purpose.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao...how can this **** even be published? ****ing disgraceful...

BigMaloe, Ramo$e and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

KEN MAUER AND ED MALLOY?!?!

Welp. Westbrook is shooting 25 free throws tonight

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Look here, you little ****, I've already put you on ignore cause you're annoying. If you want to say something, say it against the post I gave examples to.. Don't just keep going back to the game plan when there were other examples given. Dont be like @vlaurelio, @rocketman84 unless you like the little circle jerk you guys got going on?
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...fs-round-1-game-2.282048/page-6#post-11035948

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

haven't they officiated game 7 vs clippers?

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Mauer Malloy & Ass-ociates.......could this pathetic league office not be any more obvious? bill soothsayer simmons right on the money

BigMaloe and J Sizzle like this.
  13. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

What did he say?

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That won't last the entire game. If the calls seem lopsided in the first half, the refs will correct that in the second half. Just play the game and ignore the officiating.

The Rockets attempted 26 free throws to the Thunder's 23 in Game 1, so it's not like they relied on an advantage from the refs in order to win.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have seen chris webber get called for offensive fouls in the 4th Q of game 6 WCF making a simple turnaround J in the paint, and raja bell called for a foul using his face against koby's elbow, POR outscored 31-13 in the 4th Q giving up 20 FT's to the fakers in game 7 WCF......nothing will ever surprise me from this league's front office

BigMaloe and kubli9 like this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Were still 8 point favorites in this game, which is stil a sizeable spread. I see Russ getting more calls his way and Harden getting less with the ticky tacks. If its close in the 4th, I see the refs swallowing whistles down the stretch.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Portland choked that Game 7 to the Fakers. You're up 15 points in the 4th quarter, you need to close(same goes for the 1992 Blazers in Game 6 vs the Bulls).

I just don't see the league rigging this game via the refs. Will they maybe call it tighter in the paint? I suppose. But Westbrook already got 8 free throw attempts in Game 1. The rest of the Thunder got 15. It's not like the refs swallowed the whistle and let the Rockets get away with murder. Hell, if anything, the most brutal non-call of the game was when Adams buried his shoulder into Bev and sent him to the floor.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Dude the crowd was electric!!! Bev got everyone fired up. He was standing right in front of my section when he was getting rowdy and playing to the crowd.

1st playoff game ever was VERY worth it. Harden was a magician. He got to the rim at will which opened up his jump shooting.

Dude me and a bro that i sat next to both reacted like that in that harden kanter play. I was section 110 so i was close to rockets offense in 1st half but on the other side of the court for those badass 2nd half plays unfortunately haha. Still an amazing view though

All of htown downtown was rockin before that game. There was a buzz for sure

Reeko, BigMaloe and waytookrzy079 like this.
  20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

if harden keeps ballin we ain't loosing. It's that simple......

BigMaloe, rocketman84 and Vivi like this.