1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

bandwagon....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by saviorlh, Nov 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. saviorlh

saviorlh Member

Guys,

I'm tired of peeps jumping on and off the rockets bandwagon...I mean come on guys its only the start of the season...everybody on the team trying to learn the system together...we loose a couple of games and everybody starts with their trades and bashings...come on now really? Could we just wait till like close to the allstar break and then we can really see how we are doing? then the bashings the trades can start....hopefully by then we wont have to speak of trades or bashings...:).....just my 1 1/2 cents....lets get it together people! Rocket fans unite!! just like the rockets did against the suns...........

2. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

Seriously. It gets ridiculous. I tried making a thread about looking on how to improve on our difficulties.but it died down real fast.

Anyway, just for the hell of it...

WTFF WE FOUGHT WITH SUNS RAFER OUTT?! OMGG LETS TRADE YOU SAVIORLH!! IT WAS YOUR FAULTTT

3. Rowdy Drummer

Rowdy Drummer Member

i feel exactly what you are saying....

4. Just2MuchHype

Just2MuchHype Member

I hate these trade (insert player here) threads too. Its ridiculous, some fans on this site need to learn something called loyalty.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I've been a T-Mac apologist since he joined the team. For the most part, a lot of the reasons we haven't succeeded still hold weight, those being that we didn't have good depth our first three years (the JVG years) and that T-Mac has always elevated his game in the playoffs.

However, the Lakers game angered me because of what it brought out in both T-Mac and Yao, problems I think others have been hinting at and problems which might never be overcome as long as they play for the Rockets. Those problems are a lack of toughness and the will to win. The lack of toughness stems from both Yao and T-Mac tending to have offensive games that dwindle when the other team starts to play rough and foul (basically the way Jerry Sloan earns his paycheck) and the refs don't call *****. The reality of the situation is that there's nothing you can do about the officiating, you can't blame that on those players, but you CAN blame them when they complain and don't get back on defense and the other team gets an easy bucket as a result. That happened a handful of times, and it's something T-Mac and Yao (T-Mac especially) have track records of, so no, one win does not absolve them of doing everything they can to win, especially in playoff situations. Those two might be great talents, but their style of play and passion to win has not struck me as the type that would succeed in the playoffs. That will hold true until we do actually succeed in the playoffs. Here's hoping that we can right the ship and do what everyone around the league knows we have the talent to do.

/rant

6. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Honestly speaking,our lineup is very good this season.Be loyalty,Clutchfans :D

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I jumped back on the bandwagon so fast when we won last night I sprained my ankle. ;)

I'm sure I will sprain the other one jumping off the next two losses we have. :p

8. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

when fans make threads that are positive after a win and negative after a loss they are not jumping on and off of anything.

Most likely people on here watch all the games and follow the team through the whole time.

"jumping on the bandwagon" means you don't give a crap at all meaning you don't know any news, don't watch any games, and then once they show they are good you act like you supported them all along.

Being manic and bi-polar is just a normal fan trait.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Hmmmmmm. Interesting that someone would start this thread right after a big win over a pretty good team, in which Aaron Brooks looked like the second coming of Allen Iverson with a jumpshot.

Where was this thread BEFORE the Suns game? Would it exist if we'd gotten blown out by Phoenix as badly as we did by the Lakers? Somehow I doubt it. So why bother? This is just as reactionary as all the "trade T-Mac" threads, only it's positive instead of negative.

10. Laozi

Laozi Member

Its early in the season, the Rockets are up and down and so are the fans. Artest and Brooks are trying to get situated, Battier has yet to play and Adelman hasn't really put his stamp on this team. It would be great to be in midseason form already, but I'd rather the team peak at the right time. Fans are passionate and want a quick fix that would make us the most dominant team, too bad the world don't work that way.

11. theREALDEALkid

you must have missed the last game

12. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

You are right,we should give Rockets much time,the regular season is just starting,we will be a great team.The Rockets answered our desire by winning the suns,that is a signal of bouncing

13. saviorlh

saviorlh Member

Yeah Rockets in my opinion have not had a good 1st half of the season anyway....they always start to do better closer or after that all-star break...so we'll see :) holla!

14. maverick6146

maverick6146 Member

I guess the expectations from fans are so high that some of them can't accept losing games.

Rockets is doing ok, losing to arguably the best 2 teams in the league is not anything to be ashamed of.

15. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Deal with it. Bandwagon fans are in every sport and every city. Nothing you can do about it but enjoy the fact that you are a true fan.

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

joining the bandwagon. Woot!!!!!1 Go rox go!!!!!!!

17. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

You're tired of band-wagoning?Well to the world of sports, dude. It happens in every sports city for every sports team.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

bandwagon fans are people who are not fans when they are losing but become fans when they win (or visa-versa).

Just because I want to trade some players doesn't make me not loyal or a bandwagon fan. I've been a fan since 81 and trust me - there were some pretty bad years in there but I never stopped rooting for the Rockets.

oh and ...
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=157535