1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody still stuck at Toyota Center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, May 26, 2015.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im inside the ac vents, I can see the cheerleaders locker room. Wonder why Dwight was there. I'll just wait for game 6 here.

1 person likes this.
  2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I thought some ended up staying? Came home and saw on news that TC gave fans there breakfast/coffee and then let everyone leave at 5am or so.
    I did hea when they let ppl leave around 3 or so because the rain had stopped for a little while....but then it picked up maybe a half hour later.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Just got home from Toyota Center.
    Left the place around 12:30. Got stuck on 59 near the downtown exits for about an hour, then turned around went back downtown, decided to get on Alameda and that was slightly better and driveable for most of it(some stretches had some slightly high water).
    Thought I could get on Hwy 6 from Alameda so I could get to Sugarland but the entrance to hwy 6 from Alameda was flooded pretty badly and the rain picked up so had to pull into a gas station and slept in my car for a few hours there. Got up at 6am and somehow found a side road that took me to hwy 6 at Mo City and now, finally about to get some sleep.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Sounds like that was the Police kicking people out, not the Toyota Center. From what I have heard, seems like the Toyota Center handled it as well as you can.

5. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Cool that Dwight came out, guess he's not hanging with the rest of the team :p
    Man it sure looked like the rain outside was a sign of the threes raining inside the arena, just awesome when nature and human elements come together like that!

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Wish everyone was safe. It was the terrible weather in Houston area last night.

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I wasn't stuck at Toyota Center, but I got off work at 6 am, and I literally just walked in the door at home.

8. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

LOL... HPD will not act on its own.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I would have stayed. "Nah, not leaving. Waiting here until game 6, bruh. See y'all suckers then."

10. omar23

omar23 Member

I do understand many people were allowed to stay and were treated well. But many people were kicked out for no good reason.

Calling TC now to let someone know.

11. Man

Man Contributing Member

Sounds like miscommunication. Some people were still waiting inside. Sucks

12. omar23

omar23 Member

The Police telling everyone in Rockets Red you have to go right now is not a miscommunication.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

For anyone who stayed at the TC after the game

Last night was one of the most surreal nights ever. I parked at Luckys for the game to avoid the parking costs (yes I'm cheap I dont care) I was glad we avoided the sweep but the weather, at that point the game was just an afterthought. Wasn't sure if the shuttles were still running late at night so I ran from Toyota Center to Luckys, water up to my damn knees but made it. Not gonna lie though it was pretty fun heckling the ESPN crew during their on air segments and we even told Jalen Rose to break the broom. Left around 11:40 pm but heard that Dwight came out shortly and stayed with the fans for a bit. Did anyone else have something similar to them?

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Sounds like the people in the concourse got the bad treatment and got the boot and people in the seats got to stay, be entertained and fed.

16. Man

Man Contributing Member

Exactly, so there was miscommunication. In one place, telling them to get out. In another, just stay.

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Was visiting from Cali for a couple weeks and I went to the game. Got stuck there till as well. Was hanging with Kam, Dave, and finally met RocketGirl. We finally decided to try and make a run for it around 2AM and didn't make it home.

Finally made it home an hour ago since 59 finally opened up.

They were actually urging us even at 2AM to not leave because there was no where that we could go. They told us that we are more than welcome to leave but don't advise it.

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I didn't have any issues staying, after the game, Kam, cousin, and I hung out in our seats in 420 about 20-30 mins, then went down the stairs, stayed in the suite balcony right in front of the main entrance, was there for about 20 mins, then an usher asked if we had Suite tickets, then told us to go to the main concourse. Seriously? what advantage do we have sitting OUTSIDE the suites people watching?

Ended up sitting the Club section till about 2:30am watching the Weather Channel on the big screens while they showed in game snippets they show during timeouts when they went to commercial.

Paid $5 for popcorn, was about to buy bottled water then resisted. Had the idea to go up the stairs to the upper suite section to walk across the sky bridge, then walk through the garage to get to our car with some shade. On the way up to the suites, cousin and I found a suite open, took a cup, filled it with ice that was in the suite still, filled the cup at the water fountain, BOOM, $5 saved.....

made it out to my car, saw the river of 288 to go towards Pearland, then just crashed at my sister's place who lives near the medical center

that was an adventurous night....

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Boyz II Men performance? Luuuuckkyyy..

1 person likes this.
  20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Woman on the left looks like Madam Killjoy

[​IMG]