1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2-24-08: Yao and T-Mac's last game together

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by noize, Feb 26, 2008.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Learn how to quote as well buddy. Can you not feel the frustration from fans acting like idiots?? I hate the fans in this city sometime for being so fair-weather. Yeah, it sucks Yao is injured, but come on the season is not over. Maybe another star is about to come out now (Landry).

Lets just see how this pans out before we all act like morons.

2. Rowdie Brandon

my quote button wouldn't work for some reason......me (or anyone else) not believing this team will ever do anything significant with Yao or Tracy is not being fair-weathered, it's called being "realistic"

3. zzc1818

zzc1818 Member

but we are on the right way now. we have all the factors that a championship contender should have

4. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

I do agree that one of them need to go. And as crazy as it sounds, I think Yao should be the one packing. Don't get me wrong though, he is very dominate, but also the man will slow his team down, with his pace and his injuries. He's just too big, and too busy a schedule every year(Hint: China). With T-mac there's still hope for him staying heathy, with Yao there's no hope at all, his injuries would only get worse as he ages.

And most important, Rockets won't get anything good out of T-mac with his "half man half injury" reputation, and his fat contract. But with Yao, supposedly being untouchable, Rockets can get a decent enough center, and a star point guard, with maybe some role players in return. It may not be the smartest decision money wise, but it's good for the team.

5. Rowdie Brandon

no we don't...........we're injury prone, and our leaders are somewhat soft.......

Although I'd rather see Tmac go, I've said for the longest that we could probably get more for Yao if we traded him......

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Lock and ban

7. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

seconded.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I believe Tmac will try his best to extend the winning streak to 16.

At least, 10 or 20 years later, Tmac can say that he and Yao together made history!

9. Rowdie Brandon

some of you people screaming "lock and ban" need to get your emotions in check....this is a board where people express OPINIONS about the team they root for.....funny thing is all of you screaming "hater", "ban this guy, ban that guy" have yet in any thread to give any kind of "grown up" argument arguing against the points us "haters" are making..............

10. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I agree with this. Team was playing well, what can you expect. Maybe another star will emerge, maybe not. It's just bad luck. I still expect them to do well.

Rowdie Brandon, since you know sooooo much about basketball, I'm surprise you're No GM. :rolleyes:

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yao gets injured....

Tmacs getting more pressure NOW!

If he takes the team to the 2nd round, I see Alexander giving him a chance. If we are in the lottery or first round exit.... Tmac is out the door.