1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Are the players trying to get Van Grumpy fired??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jediknight94595, Nov 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. jediknight94595

jediknight94595 Contributing Member

Sure seems like it. Its like there's a mutiny going on! :D

2. edc

edc Contributing Member

There would be much easier ways to accomplish that. If T-Mac and Yao went to Les and demanded a new head coach, it would happen immediately.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is something I have been wondering about too. If Tmac came out publicly and questioned JVG it could only help.

Either JVG would have to adjust or leave...either one is an upgrade.

DD

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

You said it. Isn't it obvious? Think back to about 12-13 years ago when the team quit on Don Chaney. In his last game, they blew a 25 point mid-3rd quarter lead to the Clippers! (That's one Rocket memory I will never forget). Since it happened in February, it wasn't until the next year that things turned around under Rudy. Something needs to happen soon or this year will be lost. We all know this team has flaws, but when the team as a whole isn't giving effort, you MUST blame the coach for the disconnect.

Bottom line: We should start guessing how many more games he lasts. Forget "IF", it is "WHEN" he's gone. I give him 10-15 more games only because it's hard to line someone else up right now.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I doubt TMac will ever do that. The one thing TMac is trying to escape is his "selfishness/crybaby" stigma he got when he left Orlando.

Yao however...

6. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Yao won't do it because that's not the way he was raised. TMac won't do it due to the bad rap he got from Doc's firing from the Magic. Les won't do it since it will make him look like a fool, and he has to pay the guy 10+ mils for doing nothing. So JVG is the only onecan fire himself now.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be easier if JVG quit?

8. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

We are doomed then. :(

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

gucci888 ,

I was thinking the same thing.

I would not be shocked if Van Gundy quit on Sunday, if they lose these next 2 games.

T_MAN

10. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Yeah i dont think he will be fired during the season. maybe afterwards but thats still alot of money that Les would have to pay him for not doing anything.

11. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

There's more truth here than we know. I've been leaked some very good stuff but let me get some ducks (Err...quotes) in a row. There's a road trip coming up and when they get back I should have some answers!

12. Charvo

Charvo Member

I agree. Yao will not call for anyone to get fired. He'll just live up to his rookie contract and then leave.

Rudy: LA has some finest Chinese wannabe actresses in the US
    Yao: for real?
    Rudy: yeah
    Yao: I'm gone

13. Charvo

Charvo Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Mo or Juwan are the leaders of the player mutiny. They are secretly organizing the troops over a smoke session at Mo's house.

14. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

A Doc Sighting! Now I know something is up :rolleyes:

15. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to see you haven't completely fallen off the face of the earth. :)

From tonight/tomorrow's Chronicle...
    ""When the fans start booing like they did, you know it's bad," Tracy McGrady said, agreeing with every bit of the sentiment. "That just tells it all. If the fans don't appreciate the effort you give out there, then it's bad.""

Interesting indeed.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Doc Rock !!

Bring on da goods.

DD

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

interesting Doc

and nice quote Nike.... TMac is saying the effort is not up to stratch without at all alluding it has anything to do with the coach.. this is interesting

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

this quote was from the espn.com game recap

"I think it starts with me," Van Gundy said. "I'm going to get a group that looks like they really want to play. I just haven't provided that this year, and for that, I'm very apologetic to our fans."

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Step 1 - The Setup Quote

So letting the quitting begin....

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Excellent. It's beginning to look more and more like JVG will be gone before the all-star break. I originally thought there was no possible way he could be gone but this team looks pathetic.