ClutchFans
un:
pw:
ClutchFans
Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Notices

Page 1 of 4
123 »

Tags:  atlanta, atlanta braves, baseball, braves, houston, houston astros, mlb Tags
codell is offline Old 05-01-2003, 07:54 AM
    Reply With Quote   #1
codell
Contributing Member
codell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6886
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/501...oarrested.html

Houston Astro jailed, charged with beating his wife

Houston Astros shortstop Julio Lugo was jailed after allegedly beating his wife.

By James Irby
ABC13 Eyewitness News
(5/01/03) — A Houston Astro was jailed Wednesday night on charges that he assaulted his wife outside Minute Maid Park just before the team's game against the Atlanta Braves.
Julio Lugo's wife was taken to the hospital for treatment while he went on to play against the Atlanta Braves. Authorities say he beat his wife.

Authorities say Lugo and his 25-year old wife, Maybelline, were on their way to the game when they got into an argument. At that time, Lugo's wife says he hit her. That's when they got out of the vehicle and he allegedly slammed her head into the truck.

After the game, the Astros shortstop was arrested and charged with family violence assault. A protective order has been issued. Lugo can't have any contact with his wife.

Maybelline Lugo was transported to St. Joseph's Hospital, where she was treated and released.

Stay with Eyewitness News with this developing story.

*waiting for the 1st "I'm suprised Lugo didn't swing and miss when he tried to hit her" post*

Sponsored Link
Fegwu is offline Old 05-01-2003, 08:06 AM
    Reply With Quote   #2
Fegwu
Contributing Member
Fegwu is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #8180
Sad and unfortunate. This I believe will be the begining of the end of Lugo "1" in Houston.

I wish guys would never beat their wife. Anyway all is not lost - they can patch it up and move on to better violence and abuse/assault free days for both parties.

Sad indeed.

"Après moi, le déluge." - Roger Bannister

EddieWasSnubbed is offline Old 05-01-2003, 08:20 AM
    Reply With Quote   #3
EddieWasSnubbed
Contributing Member
EddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneEddieWasSnubbed is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3471
Maybe it's Maybelline.....

No, seriously, that's wrong. It's wrong to even hit a woman, but to slam her head on a car? That's just sick.

RocketMan Tex is offline Old 05-01-2003, 08:26 AM
    Reply With Quote   #4
RocketMan Tex
Contributing Member
RocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #97
The annual Astros meltdown has started a little early this year.

I think Lugo is now history. Drayton will try to dump him as fast as he can.

I also think that eventually this year Jimy Williams is history as well. This team has talent, but they are playing pretty awful baseball right now.

Free Agent is offline Old 05-01-2003, 08:57 AM
    Reply With Quote   #5
Free Agent
Free Agent is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7541
To make matters worse, I'm pretty sure she's pregnant or just recently had their child.

A-Train is offline Old 05-01-2003, 09:14 AM
    Reply With Quote   #6
A-Train
Running With Scissors
A-Train is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2000
Member: #1052
Well, he can hit his wife all right...too bad he can't hit a baseball

PhiSlammaJamma is offline Old 05-01-2003, 09:19 AM
    Reply With Quote   #7
PhiSlammaJamma
PhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finePhiSlammaJamma is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #692
If he stays is prison he'll have his most consistent season to date.

Rocketman95 is offline Old 05-01-2003, 09:22 AM
    Reply With Quote   #8
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Member: #19
Hello to my new most-hated player in the league.

mr_oily is offline Old 05-01-2003, 09:32 AM
    Reply With Quote   #9
mr_oily
mr_oily is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2075
Jim Rome is gonna go OFF on this guy today!

codell is offline Old 05-01-2003, 09:35 AM
    Reply With Quote   #10
codell
Contributing Member
codell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Quote:
Originally posted by mr_oily
Jim Rome is gonna go OFF on this guy today!
Im sure he will gloss him "Julio Sluggo"

RocketMan Tex is offline Old 05-01-2003, 09:38 AM
    Reply With Quote   #11
RocketMan Tex
Contributing Member
RocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRocketMan Tex is Omer Asik -- working the boards
This year, the Astros sure aren't waiting until September to roll out their annual melt-down.

scv_rockets is offline Old 05-01-2003, 11:07 AM
    Reply With Quote   #12
scv_rockets
scv_rockets is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10741
no wonder I have never liked the fool

crappy shortstop player and now a wife beater..idiot

MadMax is offline Old 05-01-2003, 11:08 AM
    Reply With Quote   #13
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
i'm actually hoping these are false allegations...but if they're not, he should prosecuted big time! that's just awful...i can not imagine intentionally trying to physically hurt my wife.

RocketMan Tex is offline Old 05-01-2003, 11:12 AM
    Reply With Quote   #14
RocketMan Tex
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by MadMax
that's just awful...i can not imagine intentionally trying to physically hurt my wife.
I can't imagine any man trying to physically hurt any woman. Any man who does so should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

pgabriel is offline Old 05-01-2003, 11:18 AM
    Reply With Quote   #15
pgabriel
Contributing Member
pgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9145
Root for the good guys

Mario Elie commenting on Hakeem telling him that David Robinson was holding his MVP trophy before Hakeem destroyed him in 95' WCF.

"i put four in a two call that a kobe bryant" paul wall

Rocketman95 is offline Old 05-01-2003, 11:19 AM
    Reply With Quote   #16
Rocketman95
Hangout Boy
Rocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRocketman95 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Member: #19
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketMan Tex
I can't imagine any man trying to physically hurt any woman. Any man who does so should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Amen. I've had my share of temper problems in the past, but not once has the thought of hitting my girlfriend crossed my mind.

However, I have thought about hitting a girl before. Game 6, 1997 WCF, my roommates' girlfriend was laughing in my face, about 3 inches away, after Stockton made the shot. I remember my exact words:

"Greg, get your ****ing girlfriend out of my face before I punch her in her mouth."

"Uh, Stephanie, you should probably stop that now."

I don't think I would've done it, though. More likely, my television would've been shattered.

I read over at www.orangewhoopass.com that they released him. Is this true?

MadMax is offline Old 05-01-2003, 11:22 AM
    Reply With Quote   #17
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #732
Quote:
Originally posted by pgabriel
Root for the good guys
oh my gosh!! that's so funny...there is a sign i can see from my office with Julio Lugo on it that says, Root for the Good Guys!!! Wonder how quickly they'll be taking down that sign.

Surfguy is offline Old 05-01-2003, 11:29 AM
    Reply With Quote   #18
Surfguy
Contributing Member
Surfguy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSurfguy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSurfguy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSurfguy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSurfguy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSurfguy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #752
Isn't Lugo the one who was all happy in the off-season as the Astros acquired one of his relatives who now plays in the Astros minor league system? They were all happy to be on the same team now.

Lugo's play has been extremely disappointing this season. Then, he goes and does this. He's not exactly a role model and I doubt wife beater is someone Astros management or the clubhouse wants around. I guess he thought he could get away with it and go on like nothing happened. His wife made sure that wasn't the case. Good for her.

Surf

codell is offline Old 05-01-2003, 11:31 AM
    Reply With Quote   #19
codell
Contributing Member
Since Uncle Drayton has owned the team, I don't believe anything like this has happened. I am sure Drayton will follow the "innocent unitl proven guilty" line and wait for a verdict before taking any type of action.

One thing is for sure though. This isn't going to help attendance.

RocketMan Tex is offline Old 05-01-2003, 11:34 AM
    Reply With Quote   #20
RocketMan Tex
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by MadMax
oh my gosh!! that's so funny...there is a sign i can see from my office with Julio Lugo on it that says, Root for the Good Guys!!! Wonder how quickly they'll be taking down that sign.
ROCKHEAD needs to get ahold of Lugo's mugshot and photoshop "root for the good guys" underneath it!!!:D

Page 1 of 4
123 »