1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Donatas Motiejunas for Goran Dragic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2015.

?

1. YES

277 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. NO

720 vote(s)
    72.2%
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I can merge this with another thread if applicable, but this debate comes up in every Goran Dragic thread, so I'm curious the count.

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. a must if hes the basically the final piece to the immediate core to be a legit contender

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

No, also keep the pick and go after him durng FA if we don't get him.

Sign Jeremy Lin......JK

5. Play07

Play07 Member

straight up right now ? NO

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Healthy or hurt Dwight? Yes with Healthy Dwight, no with hurt no Playoff Dwight

1 person likes this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

just posted in the other thread, but Dmo is your Center if Howard is basically done.
    Another offseason in the weight room and he can handle all but the biggest big boys.

9. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

DMo for 0.5 yrs of Dragic, No.

DMo for 4.5-5.5 years of Dragic, Yes.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Depends on the other pieces in a deal, but I would say no. It's too hard to find 2-way 7 footers, especially on a cheap deal. I'd hope Morey could convince them to take Jones and other pieces instead.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It may be the right answer given how D-Mo has developed, but there are other factors as well -- the Rockets have other options at PF where they don't at PG. Dragic's numbers are down this year, but he was 3rd Team All-NBA last year with names like Damian Lillard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Jefferson and Paul George.

13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Nahhh....

but after watching Gogi on youtube from his time in Houston....I just miss him so bad! :(

WHY NOT BOTH?!

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Depends on which position we need help on the most but our power foward and point guard positions are mostly needed on the team. I'd go with Dragic

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No, Motiejuans is big, young. He can play the ball, will get better than Howard next year, likely.

16. malakas

malakas Member

with the latest information: by trading DMO it means Rockets commit to Dragic a 5 year max or very near max contract.
    So I would say no. It is too much money to pay a pg. esp a 30 y.o pg.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol sure

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

With Dwight being a huge question mark, no way.

Our frontcourt is garbage without D-mo.

19. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Absolutely not. Especially when you can get Dragic in free agency. Dmo's value is higher than Dragic IMO. Contract, Age, level of play, and team control. I think Dmo is outplaying his current salary.

20. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I wouldn't want to, but I would. Makes sense for both teams, and I think, comparitively, Motiejunas is equivalent or a bit less than Dragic's value. The argument I'd posed in the other thread was that we had traded the league's MIP for Dragic the first time before he blew up and became the MIP himself. His value has gone up.

That said, this will depend on whether or not the FO can get some reassurance that he'll resign with us, it will depend on what they thing Motiejunas will get in free agency, and it will depend on what their feelings are on Dwight Howard's injury and future.

If they're sure Dragic will resign, if they think Motiejunas will get overpaid in free agency, and they think Howard's injury isn't as serious as some folks have made it out to be, I think its a no-brainer to make the swap.

And as for that NOP first round pick, a lot of folks are hyping that pick, but we're no longer in a position to be developing young talent. We have to go all-in on the Harden-Howard core. Developing young talent isn't going to help us win now, so we should trade the pick if we need to.