1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Donatas Motiejunas for Goran Dragic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2015.

?

Would you trade Donatas Motiejunas for Goran Dragic?

1. YES

277 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. NO

720 vote(s)
    72.2%
  1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It blows my mind that DMO doesn't get more touches. He is the only player on this team that could even be considered a #2 option on offense right now. Mchale is absolutely worthless.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've been telling everyone since he came. Brewer is a career 29% 3pt shooter. Right after he joined the Rockets, he was shooting way over his average. Now he's falling back to his normal rate.

I like Brewer as our backup wing. But don't hold your breath for him to improve his long ball shooting. He is what he is.

3. Orange

Orange Member

Man I swear I could be a better gm than morey and I actually like Morey. It was dumb not to go for dragic we could of won it all this year with him and dmo is pure trash.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The word was Dragic wouldn't resign here

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dragic rental worth a dozen Dmoes. Harden needs the help.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

1. DMO is not pure trash...
    2. Dragic didn't want to come here.

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I love Dragic but you sir are a trash poster.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will DMo? DMo and Jones' contracts are up at the same time. Will the team pay both?

9. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Dragic wouldn't have walked away from a true contender offering playing with Zoran and $20-30M more than anyone else could. And the trade wouldn't have had to cost us DMo.

Not doing the trade punts this year and next with no chance of a WC or NBA Finals.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Cyberx told us they wanted DMo. You have different inside info?

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Hindsight: DMo has turned to trash for us. Should have traded him at his highest value.

This stretch of games has shown he can't rebound to save his life. Even his offense has taken a dive vs good defenders.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

I always felt that trading DMo or Jones for Dragic was the right move IF he were willing to sign here after the year. Still feel that way now. Not sure how accurate the noise was that he wanted to screw us and leave us high and dry at the end of the year, but if it was, not trading for him was probably the better decision. That said, there were other guys out there like Isaiah Thomas that could have been had as well. Lots of point guard got traded at the deadline and we ended up with Methuselah with a basketball. Prigioni perfected his shot on a peach basket when guys weren't allowed to dribble.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

DMo completely imploding the moment Jones returned is a sign of being mentally weak. Now that he hears footsteps on his starting gig, he's just hit a wall.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

He has not. You guys are over reactive. He's hit a wall. His rebounding sucks. But he still plays well. He did fine when TJ first came back.

In all this analyzing, could it possibly be that D-Mo not missing a single game this season while playing big minutes for the first time in his career could result in him being tired?

Harden, Ariza, and D-Mo have been the guys who have been there every single game this year playing long minutes. It's no surprise that all three of them are sucking the last 5 games or so. Those guys need rest.

I'm not willing to discount what players have done for a majority of the season like you lot. D-Mo has been our second (perhaps third) best player for most of the season. Yes, he's sucked the past two weeks. But that's a small sample size.

15. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

We already have a player that wants to take the ball out of Harden's hands and doesn't want to play to their strenght (P&R). I'm sure Dragic doesn't want to run 2nd unit only and most of the time play off the ball.

16. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Or is maybe becuase he is force to play out of position since Jones was move to the starting line up?

Lets face it he is not a center. He is still the most efficient player in the NBA in the the post and he is hot at the 3 point line, but he is sucking at the FT line.

Once Dwight comes back everything will get back to normal.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Morey confirmed in a post deadline interview without saying his name specifically, that they had solid intel that they had virtually no chance of resigning him.