1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EVOLUTIONARY THEORY REFUTED?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Sep 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Like to hear what the scientists have to say about this:

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153237922499899" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153237922499899">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/AnswersInGenesis">Answers in Genesis</a>.</div></div>

2 people like this.
  2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

refudiated?

3. giddyup

This seems to want to look at the scientific evidence as a scientist would. It's only 3 minutes or whatever but I'd like to hear what our resident atheists have to say!

4. g1184

g1184 Member

Wah? What's it called then when a bacterial strain develops a resistance to specific antibiotics...

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Annunaki....duh.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I didn't watch the video, but your thread title is in all caps so I must assume what you are saying is correct.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You must have missed the question mark

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

"There is no known observable process by which new genetic information can be added to an organism's genetic code.'

What. What the hell do you think a cancer cell is?

9. giddyup

This is what I want to know. Is it a totally illegitimate claim or a legitimate claim because cancer is a killer?

Is a mutation technically additional genetic code? or just changed? or does it even matter?

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The cancer cell is the work of the devil.

2 people like this.
  11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Fact 1:

Fact 2:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ratory-sparking-debate-about-playing-god.html

"He is going toward the role of a god: creating artificial life that could never have existed naturally."

RUH ROH.

stop quoting Facebook pages

12. Northside Storm

I swear to god, you have one of the most advanced collaborative systems known to man, millions of dollars of research, if not billions, and accumulated scientific evidence in journals easily accessible to the public if not through open science, than through media excerpts on such a controversial topic---

and then some dude with a Facebook page and a $200 video goes and smashes it all.

:/

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not really on board with "fact" 1 because that seems foolish, but "fact" 2 is something I've always been curious about. Abiogenesis has always been the most tricky part about the theories of naturally occurring life in the universe since it's not something that has ever been replicated. You basically have to believe that life in some form has always existed or just go on blind faith that abiogenesis is possible.

14. giddyup

But mutations are not species-wide. Aren't they very localized-- even individualized?

They may have overstated that no new genetic material can be added but mutations are random not pandemic.

I'll quote any damn thing I want, thank you!

15. Northside Storm

did you just come up with a mechanism for evolutionary biology that involved individuals with advantageous mutations surviving---and breeding. something like the survival of the fittest

cause if you had, that'd be a pretty big thing in the 1800s.

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Why would it be illegitimate just because cancer kills people? It's not like mutations are inherently good. If anything, most of them are bad. Down's syndrome is a mutation, cystic fibrosis is a mutation, same with all those genetic diseases. Most of them kill people, but sometimes over the very long term you get ones that help and those are sometimes passed on.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Thanks for this video. Now whenever I see this video posted by one of my friends on Facebook I can immediately remove that person from my wall.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Retroivirus would have been my counter

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another epic, Facebook inspired giddy thread. heh

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

A capitalized question mark is really an exclamation mark.