1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

EVOLUTIONARY THEORY REFUTED?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Sep 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. baubo

baubo Member

Maybe God's an atheist and believes in the God's Big Bang?

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

thank you for a constructive comment.

So how do a few random mutations result in a large population of human beings..... at some "point in time"?

Are all mutations beneficial? If cancer is a mutation.....

As usual, in the hysterical knee-responding, some of you seem to have missed the point.

I thought the video was interesting because it made a good case for evolutionary science not being as rigorously scientific as you would expect it to be and for creationism having more grounding in observable science than anyone gives it credit.

Of course all some of you can do is to run toward a cliff screaming at the top of your lungs....

Notice that I don't have to mock science if I even think about propping up some notion of creation.

#42 giddyup, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  3. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

So the video says life hasn't been observed to come from non-life.

But we're supposed to take the Bible at face value and believe God created life out of nothing?

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

Not only that, but that god created itself out of nothing... because magic...

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well I'm convinced. Thanks, OP.

6. what

what Member

I think that the video was meant to correct a common misconception of evolutionary theory: the idea that molecules to man is a proven fact, which, at least according to their own, self-imposed, scientific method, it definitely isn't.

I am actually not sure why non-religious people find it so hard to believe that someone could be skeptical about the idea of molecule to a man through sheer accident over time. I mean, take the idea of Christianity out of it, you don't have to be a Christian to be skeptical about this idea.

Certainly this theory is probably the most bat-**** crazy that science (a rational discipline, in the main) has every proposed.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This thread is a test in natural selection, if you actually respond to it not in jest you are probably going to die while smacking piece of coal into your head to see if you can make it into a diamond.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You can't have a substantive discussion without first agreeing the definitions of the terms.So define what your talking about with God, is it an anthropomorphic conscience entity or simply the cause of the existence?

One thing that always seems to get lost on the Creationism is the scale of possibilities outside of the human scale. There are billions and billions of planets all with chemistry occurring, trillion and trillions of times per second over 13.8 billion years. Life only needs to occur one time in all of that and away you go; and we know the chemistry works because we exist.

Evolution has no plan, it doesn't try to improve the species. Step away from the human scale of time and space and you'll easily see that everything is always changing, on the subatomic scale, on the molecular scale, on the individual scale, on the species scale, the environmental scale, and on and on up to the cosmic scale. There is no stasis anywhere. And the movement is almost always from the simple to the more complex.

9. what

what Member

So I take it that you believe in Molecules to Man?

10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

What's wrong with it? I mean, it's not something that happened instantaneously. The earth is 4.5 billion years old, we've been around for around 1 million years. In a few billion years, sure, molecules can become man.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I believe it's the most likely answer given the observable evidence, but I'd consider empirical evidence of anything. What I wouldn't do is take a bronze age account passed down through oral history and transcribed under all kinds of political motivations and assign it any scientific or even historical credence.

(molecules to man means hydrogen and carbon to man over 13 billion years right?)

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Molecules - God - Man

One of them doesn't fit. Hint... two of them are real.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The interpretations of the bible over the years has evolved as science has evolved because of the need to reconcile the 2 by rational Christians. The reconciliations between the 2 seemed far fetched at times.

15. juicystream

This will only hurt arguments with Christians. Simply put, God may or may not exist in some form.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For now because all of the best possible evidence suggests that is the case.

Because it isn't proven beyond further explanation doesn't mean it isn't true. The best available evidence shows that to be the case.

Just like it isn't proven that germs cause infection and disease. But that's the best available evidence behind germ theory.

Do you believe in germ theory even though it isn't 100% proven?

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

so God made cancer amirite?

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Be nice to giddyup or someone he met online will get sick and he will have to start a prayer thread.

19. juicystream

He let his own son die a very painful death. He drowned nearly the entire population of living creatures on this planet. He allowed his own people to become slaves. He shunned Adam & Eve over a bite of apple. He destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah.

God creating Cancer would seem right up his alley.

1 person likes this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

http://www.christianmingle.com ?