1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we the most hated team in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Jul 24, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

so what if rivals hate us? grow up, this isn't kindergarten. we should relish the challenge.

they hate only those that they fear. we should focus on how each member of the team and coaching staff can get better, stronger as individuals and as a unit.

2. JazzLakerHater

Are people really upset that Dwight said the Parsons departure won't affect us? Meh whatever bring on the hate, I love being the evil team of the league.

3. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

we need to find this guy and get him on a contract

4. Centerville

Centerville Member

*twitch*

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Yes they are

6. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

I wish we were hated for our rough physical defense. Heh.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yup, and I kinda love it. :cool:

8. dje243

dje243 Member

Kind of wish we would have added Stevenson. Talk about adding fuel to the hate flames...

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm glad. It's time for our team to embrace the controversy and show the Carl Herrera's, Parson lovers and Murray Haters that their hatred is deserved as we hold the 'ship trophy in our hands!

10. rocketseagles07

Between morey, dwight Howard, and hardens lack of d/new cockiness I think so. I couldn't care less though. I'm not gonna say we're the evil empire because haven't accomplished anything but ehhh who cares

11. brennan713

brennan713 Member

The same can be said for Reddit. I can't wait until we win another title fellas.

12. Postcall

Postcall Member

People hate Harden and Howard and to an extent Morey. They don't really hate the Rockets org like they hate the Heat, Lakers, Cowboys Or Yankees. That type of hate only occurs with a period of dominance.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Maybe the HOU identity is that of playing with a chip on our shoulders. Yes, let's get back that underdog grit and pride that our Lowry-Scola-Hayes teams had for so many years when each member of the team was undervalued by everyone else.

Outside of our two stars, that's pretty much sums up our signings this offseason. The who-the-hell-is-Joey-Dorsey kind of signings. Come to think of it, even Harden and Howard are undervalued, much-attacked, under-appreciated. Nick Johnson said he's coming into the league wanting to show all those who passed on him (7 PAC players drafted ahead of the PAC-12 player of the year???).

All we really need is someone who plays with a big chip on his shoulder, like the Battiers and Lowrys of this world, to fire up and lead the team. Bev had that role last year until his knee injury slowed him down. Can Bev continue to be that guy, or will someone else rise to the occasion?

14. SuperManRocketz

no one coming to houston all the players know how the houston organization treat them..they better change cuz i want the damn trophy already

15. treeman

treeman Member

I am cool with being hated. It makes winning more delicious...

It's one thing to be beaten by a team that you respect. It really, really hurts to be beaten by a team that you loathe and view as evil bottomfeeding bad guys. Kick a little fu*kin' sand in their eye while they're on the ground. I'm down with it.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's because other fans felt sorry for us.

They don't any more. To an extent they fear Morey most of all, because he pulls **** out of nowhere like he almost did with the Bosh thing.

They Hate Harden because he's so slick.

And I have no idea why they hate Howard. If anything they should love him as he spurned one of the more hated teams in the NBA, didn't do the typical go to the big market thing, is a humble guy and a fun loving guy...but I guess he's a Rocket so they hate him too now.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Public personas change when people win...Lebron James is now a saint in Cleveland. Dwight and Harden just need to shut up and win games...win cures so many ills.

18. deshen

deshen Member

no, but some of fans are self-hatred.

19. Possum

Possum Member

It just means we are relevant. Which is a good thing. Embrace it. It beats being ignored!

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

what's there to hate on? lol