1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden the Best Guard in Rockets History?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Orange, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Orange

Orange Member

I've never seen anyone do it better than Harden from the guard position in a rockets uniform, even tmac didn't play guard untill Battier came along and he wasn't putting up numbers like Harden or leading the rockets to this many wins.

2. WestendMassive

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Calvin Murphy was pretty good, so was Clyde Drexler...but Harden could be something special!

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Drexler was on the decline when he joined the rockets.

I think harden is the best shooting guard in rockets history.

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/e3EqY5gPrcU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/e3EqY5gPrcU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

2 people like this.
  6. FearTheBeardJH

1. Tmac
    2. Drexler
    3. Harden

He is better than Drexler, but I'll put him ahead when he plays at least 200 games since Drexler lead team that won title in winshares in the playoffs('95).

7. WestendMassive

Harden has the potential to become the best SG in Rockets history. Give him a few more years and he probably will.

But right now he hasn't even won a playoff series with the Rockets. Glyde's got a ring.

8. split41

split41 Member

I love harden as much as the next guy, but gotta give tmac some love until harden takes us to, at least the second rnd

9. Dei

Dei Member

T-Mac at his best, specifically, the 2005 playoffs, is still the best. But Harden's playing at a high level for far longer.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Ohh noooo you di'eeeeen

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we once had a PG average 22-7-6.

we should throw the franchise's name into the mix.

tmac (healthy and pre-quitting on the team)
    clyde
    harden
    franchise

in that order, until harden wins a couple of playoff series for us

12. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I think it's Tmac currently (People tend to forget about his 13 points in 35 seconds or his insane individual playoff stats) but once the season is over it will be Harden.

Another good question would be if Harden is on par with the Tmac of Orlando days? IMO I don't think so, but do you think JH can ever achieve this level of greatness?

13. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

I know you're just trolling, but can we just put it to rest?
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=mcgratr01&y1=2005&p2=hardeja01&y2=2013
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=mcgratr01&y1=2006&p2=hardeja01&y2=2014
    McGrady would never be as good as his first year with the Rockets, while Harden is only getting better.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let Harden lead us to a playoff series victory before we have this conversation.

Look at it this way, if for some reason Harden was no longer a Houston Rocket as of tomorrow, he probably would be forgotten.

Also, T-mac wasn't a guard, he was moved to sf with Houston.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Barring injury, Harden will wind up being the best. Right now I'd rank it T-Mac with Clyde right behind him(mostly because he was instrumental in Title #2) and then James. But Harden will surpass both of them soon.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Tmac was a chucker and isn't even in the running. It's between Harden and Drexler. I would pick Drexler right now because of his all around game and the championship, but we have never had as effortless of an offensive player not named Dream. If he stays healthy, his jersey will be in the rafters.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Harden will probably be considered the best when his career here is done; he is not yet, though.

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

lol, no they don't. It's considered by many T-Mac's brightest moment. I would go so far as to say it has convinced a lot of those same people that T-Mac was really clutch down at the last 1 minute of must-make situations. I remember a lot of dribble, dribble, dribble, and then pull up with a straight shot from three and a brick. I do think T-Mac is one of our best players in our franchise history, but, the 13 points in 35 seconds is something almost everyone on this board remembers.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Without a doubt Harden is the best 2 guard in Rockets History, and it has only been 2 years.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Almost every fan of the NBA remembers it, period. It's often mentioned as one of the greatest moments of that decade.