1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden the Best Guard in Rockets History?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Orange, Mar 26, 2014.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he's auto better than Tmac if he makes second round

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

We won 7 playoff series with Drexler.
    We won 0 playoff series with TMac.
    We have won 0 playoff series with Harden.

That is all that you need to know.

--Tinman

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I think Harden is playing with a better 3rd best player on the team in Parsons. In Yao/Tmac era, third best player was Battier with exception of 2008/2009 season with Artest was here but then Tmac was injured and went downhill after that.

4. jocar

jocar Member

I think Harden's eventual ceiling will surpass Clyde's, if he hasn't already. Clyde (prime) vs. Beard (now) would still make one hell of a pickup game.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Harden is a leader, T-Mac didn't want those responsibilities for whatever reason. Anyways Harden should be able to lead us to the promised land and if he does that he'll be the best SG in Rockets history.

6. hotdamn

hotdamn Member

basketball is a 2 way sport, offense and defense. T-mac was able to D. He did a great job in the playoff against Dirk.

Harden's knock has always been his D. I do not think harden would have done a better job at guarding Dirk during those playoffs.

My nod goes to TMAC

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Such a horrible excuse. Lebron even Ron artest with the rockets led teams to playoff success .
    this guy never led any team period. Including china

8. the shark

the shark Member

this can be looked at in different ways. Harden has most definitely been very impressive thus far in his brief Rocket career. Clyde was definitely on the backside of his career while he was here in Houston but still helped bring us a Championship.

However if you're talking about who has the most impressive body of work as a Rocket shooting guard it HAS to be Calvin Murphy. If you're saying he isn't than you never saw Murphy play. And Murph was definitely a shooting guard as they had Dunleavy, T. Henderson, and Leavell around as the pg.

9. the shark

the shark Member

this can be looked at in different ways. Harden has definitely been very impressive thus far in his brief Rocket career. Clyde was on the backside of his career while he was here in Houston but still helped bring us a Championship.

However if you're talking about who has the most impressive body of work as a Rocket shooting guard it HAS to be Calvin Murphy. If you're saying he isn't than you never saw Murphy play. And Murph was definitely a shooting guard as they had Dunleavy, T. Henderson, and Leavell around as the pg.

1 person likes this.
  10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

.... It's so much harder to deny the ball to Dwight than it was to Yao (there's a reason you don't see defenders fronting Dwight since we learned how to lob), Yao could do a lot more with it when he got it, but off the ball Dwight requires much more attention. He would have been far better suited to Tracy (who really wasn't much of a shooter but was an amazing passer for his position) than Yao was (who would have been more suited to a Kobe Bryant whose first, second and third instinct was to shoot or alternatively just chuck it into the post).

I also have no idea where you come up with Cousins bullying him, Sacramento doesn't even guard Dwight with Cousins, they do it with Thornton and an army of double teams because Cousins always fouls him.

#70 Aleron, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  11. Joe-House

Joe-House Rookie

What about Cutino Mobley

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Artest made it pass the first round while playing shooting guard for us.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He hasn't already.

Clyde is one of the top 5 or 6 shooting guards of all time.

I don't put James Harden in Clyde's class easily, believe me. I've watched him since he was at Sterling.

But, I'd have to agree the Beard has that kind of talent + ... James is already doing THIS ... .at only 24 years old.

#73 Plowman, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Way too early to select where Harden will be placed in the pantheon of great Rockets shooting guards.

15. Andrew Wiggins

You can look up tracy's stats. They are much better than hardens and most other nba stars.

Lazy

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Artest in his 1 year here playing out of position as shooting guard helped lead the Rockets to the most post-season success since the mid 90s.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden is more efficient than Mcgrady ever was as a rocket.

18. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Stevie Franchise didn't have a good team at all during his tenure until we got Yao Ming acclimated to our system and when we made the playoffs, he was then sent to Orlando for "Me-Mac"...lol. My order is: Francis, Harden, T-Mac, Calvin Murphy. In a perfect world, Harden will be the greatest Guard in Rockets history!
    Check out Steve Francis highlights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUw_sTs1xz0

19. Andrew Wiggins

Imagine tracy on this team or drexlers team. All three are max players, but tracy started his career put playing on bad, injured teams. He had to do everything he could just to make the playoffs. He took the best defense in the last 2 decades to seven games. The entire team focused on him.

This. They both rebounded better than harden and tracy passed better. All harden has to do is play the same way he has been playing for several more seasons and it will definitely be much closer.

20. Andrew Wiggins

Fixed.