1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless: "In big time games, Asik>Howard"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Progs

Progs Member

Said Asik was tougher and plays bigger, Dwight shrinks. Thoughts?

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

My thoughts: Skip Bayless is an idiot and deserves no run anywhere.

2 people like this.
  3. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think he's right if you're talking about right now, but Howard is evolving.

4. RCPM

RCPM Member

This!!!!!

5. delishman

delishman Member

Need that gif of the Hispanic reporter hitting that kid to be embedded into your signature.

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Asik is a top 5 center and when he is healthy and his mind is right like it was last night. I would rather he be in than Dwight when we need to go small and come back and the offense is not working well through DH.

Of course the majority of the time we are better off having DH in because he is the better player.

I will say this I trust Asik to hit 4th quarter free throws

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Prime example of a misinformed national analyst who watched one game but feels obligated to take another opportunity to trash Dwight. Asik showing up in big games? C'mon Skip, must you make yourself look even stupider than already have:rolleyes:

Side note: Dwight did play like a braud last night though. You can't be letting rookies push you around bro

8. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Member

Dwight has always used his athleticism to dominate opponents. But in big moments, when players are all on overdrive, then it's not enough. That's why Dream was so good in key moments, because he has the skills to back up his play.

Howard simply does not have the height/size to purely dominate opposing centers with strength/power like Shaq.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

X2

Skip is the Basketballhollic of ESPN. Sitting on a personal campaign and waiting for one bad game to jump on his tangent so he can say "see I told you so".

I love Asik when he's right, but its a joke to even say anything remotely as dumb as that. Dwight had one bad game, and was pressing to get shots off in the paint because he knew that if they couldn't score in the paint it would be a long night trying to beat the Thunder going small. Dwight was right to try and force the action in the paint last night, and he simply was outmatched... but it was ONE FREAKING GAME, and he was going against Two, not just one, top notch low post defenders.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Just trying to stir things up. First take is honestly completely hit or completely miss. They say most of this crap for ratings.

11. Stats

Stats Member

Skip's searching really hard for something to argue with SAS.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Skip is hating on Dwight it's that simple. Dwight is expected to move mountains by the National media. Asik is expected to only move small rocks... of course Asik looks better to some idiots.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That was an indian reporter. Great gif, btw.:grin:

14. SevenMinuteAbs

You should be banned for even mentioning his name. He's a joke.

15. Play07

Play07 Member

Asik vs okc playoffs > Howard vs spurs playoffs

16. SexyButIgnorant

Marc Gasol, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Deandre Jordan, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Demarcus Cousins, Andrew Bogut, Chris Bosh...

And I'm sure I can name a couple more. Asik is nowhere near top 5. Top 5 rebounder? Sure. Defender? Maybe top 10. Overall? Please.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why do we care what anyone says?

He had a bad game - big deal.

DD

19. dianelo

dianelo Member

I'd agree if Asik didn't miss all those dunks last night.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Asik was #1 in rebounds last yr in NBA check stats, top 3 defender if not #1, offense not top 10