1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless: "In big time games, Asik>Howard"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

He needs to give perkins and adams a dikembe elbow, stop letting these scrubs shut him down.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Skip Bayless? Whatever. But the Rox did play better last night when Asik was in there. Howard did not have much of an impact at all on either side of the court. Howard was suppose to be the upgrade over Asik to especially help in games like last night. If Howard just hit half of his shots and half of his free throws he missed last night, the game would have been totally different and the Rox might have even won despite not playing well. I'm positive if Asik was given Dwight's minutes last night he could have done better than 9 and 10. Howard better man up the last meeting with OKC or he deserves all the criticism he will continue to get.

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

with big time sports topics

clutchfans > skip bayless

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

skip speaks the truth

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't know what's more embarrassing, Howard getting stuffed or Asik missing so many easy dunks.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Howard is great for us. His body language was terrible last night and he needs to fix that. He's getting too discouraged easily and whines too much. If he just increases his intensity, shuts up and plays, he'll overcome these bad games.

7. daernoth

daernoth Member

I got frustrated at the fourth quarter when McHale brought back Dwight. Asik was not only playing solid but he doesn't demand the ball for fruitless post ups.

Dwight should know to just play the defense and rebounding role when he can't get his post ups going.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

in big time games, steven adams > howard

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Skip Bayless is an idiot. He hates Howard and he wants to down him anytime he can. But I'm glad he said it. I hope Howard watched it. I hope Howard is fuming over it. I hope he doesn't smile about it and say Skip does the reporting that's his job and instead says Bayless is an idiot. Just say it. Get angry. Don't smile about it. Call him an idiot. He is one.

Yeah I know he won't he'll smile in front of the reporters and act like it doesn't bother him. But the reality is it bothers him more than he'll ever admit and a lot more than most. Bayless is an idiot and Howard is lying under his skin if he doesn't admit it tears him up inside when idiots like Bayless talk BS. Just say it Dwight. Just call him an idiot. Just tell him to **** his pre-transgender wanna be girl self.

It will never happen but I can hope.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I intentionally avoided all sports media today for ish like this.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

Asik 15mins 2/4fg 3/4FT 7points +4
    Howard 32mins 4/12fg 1/6FT 9points -12

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Those freethrow attempts were 3 wasted plays, add that with missed shots on Adams that's close to 10 wasted plays, can't beat KD/thunder at home like that.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As the author of that post, I feel it is my duty to inform you that the reporter is either Indian or Pakistani. However, I definitely agree with the sentiment.

As far as what Bayless said, that's just asinine. Asik's offensive troubles are so far gone that he honestly has no business even getting the ball anymore. The guy can't finish simple dunks and lay-ups now. His defense is phenomenal, but that's pretty much all he is. Dwight shrunk in ONE GAME, and as frustrating as it was, it's still just a blip on the radar. I hope he uses that game as motivation to crush Joakim Noah tomorrow night.

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's not just a blip some people get better under clutch situations. Harden gets better and Howard gets slightly worse. Howard plays his best games without adversity. It's okay we can still win that way. All he has to do is get that he is struggling and pass the ball.

16. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

skip will find every opportunity to rip dwight...does anyone know why skip have this hate/dislike on dwight? even dwights orlando days

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Eh, he obviously doesn't watch many Rockets games, so this is sort of laughable.

For as bad as Dwight Howard was last night, it was still better than most of Asik's games last season.

18. afk

afk Member

It's great to have 2 starting caliber centers on this team. :)

19. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Last night might have been Twin Towers re-test time.

20. lowlife

lowlife Member

Well, that's not true.