1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless: "In big time games, Asik>Howard"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Mar 12, 2014.

1. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

But with Dream and Mchale coaching he will get better. He will get better with time. If he had another aggressive athletic big forward playing with himit would help.

Not to derail but if we had a 7 ft Pat Beverly that would do it.

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Asik missed two pretty easy dunks that Dwight probably could have made if he wasn't sitting out with foul trouble. I say last night's game is not an indication of anything especially an Asik/Dwight comparison. The refs came out knowing they would give the Rockets foul calls in the first half and give OKC foul calls in the second half when it mattered more.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Asik may be the most biggest liability on offense at the center position among the top 15 centers... wait a minute... yes he is... that's also a big game changer.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

That's the thing with him, he's our max contract guy, but if he has a bad game it effects the team so much at times where if harden is not scoring like crazy putting us on his back we can't come back out of his hole and take a L. It's a BIG DEAL.

Harden - when he struggles he still finds a way to help team playmaking, free throws, making coaches plan to guard him, we still can win.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think there are times when the Rockets play better with Asik in the lineup. However, that's something that shouldn't happen. That's on Dwight, he is the better player and should improve our team when he is on the floor. Some teams seem to know how to stop Dwight in the low post, and it is on those nights that Dwight isn't much of an upgrade over Asik. Last night I was really hoping that McHale would leave Asik in the game in the 4th quarter, as the Rockets seemed better with Asik on the floor.

6. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Asik is Mentally tougher and Harden plays much better with him because Omer does Not try to be Hakeem

I say give it a shot

7. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Hell, if you are going to dream, dream big. What if we had an 8 ft Pat Beverley?

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I remember when Asik lead a team full of nothing to the finals......oh wait nvm.

9. BonziWellsGOAT

Offense not top 30.

10. smr6

smr6 Member

Last night, yes.

The past few games against other top teams, no.

Easy to use one game as an example. I even said last night that I wouldn't be upset if Howard didn't come back into the game in the 4th quarter. But, that was an isolated incident due to how the game had gone. I'd rather go with Howard 90% of the time.

11. NickKent

NickKent Member

As idiotic as he is, he might have a point..

12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

(1) Dwight had an off game. Every player will run into one of those

(2) Skip Bayless is worthless. Why even debate anything that comes out of his mouth

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Asik is not better then dwight. He just seems mentally stronger then dwight since all eyes are on dwight.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Skip is actually pretty decent this year, just sayin.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Considering his career averages have gone up in the playoffs means Skip is an IDIOT.

20 points and 14 rebounds in the playoffs with 27 and 15.5 in his last playoffs in Orlando.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You mean Kevin Garnett?

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

big games like portland, miami and indiana?

18. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

LOL are u kidding me? One key factor for our recent wins against the biggies are because of the chemistry on the floor between harden and howard. Asik is a liability offensively when he's on the floor from what i've seen this season.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No.

Dwight has problems against OKC though, Perkins is really this dude's kryptonite. Even if Perkins presence is around he struggles.

20. Puss In Booty

Puss In Booty Member

Asik needs to learn how to dunk first. He's only 7 ft. tall. :rolleyes: