ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Notebook Dump: Reflections on Dwight Howard, Morey, Asik and Lin
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, daryl morey, dwight howard, houston, houston rockets, jeremy lin, josh smith, nba, omer asik, reflections Tags
Clutch is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Finally weighing in on everything... Dwight Howard on the Rockets, Daryl Morey, Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, Josh Smith, etc.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/4386/d...orey-asik-lin/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
arjun is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
arjun
arjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
Dwight Howard will be a Houston Rocket — it still does not feel real.

agreed

apatel123 is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
apatel123
apatel123 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18141
in two spots after the clutch

vstexas09 is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
vstexas09
Contributing Member
vstexas09 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvstexas09 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvstexas09 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvstexas09 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27651
great article clutch!

Skyhoop is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
Skyhoop
Skyhoop is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSkyhoop is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53116
Interesting article. But I noticed several names were placed in strikeouts. Are those typos?

Haymitch is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399
Quote:
But perhaps Daryl Morey’s greatest move was when Daryl Morey locked up Daryl Morey to a long-term extension before Daryl Morey got Dwight Howard.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

SteveFrancis3 is online now Old 07-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
SteveFrancis3
Contributing Member
SteveFrancis3 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2001
Member: #2497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymitch View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.
I was about to quote that exact same line. Great observation. Morey "Parsoned" himself.

FLASH21 is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
FLASH21
FLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsFLASH21 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31877
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatel123 View Post
in two spots after the clutch
That's funny, I didn't know he added The in front of his name.

Like The University of Texas or The Ohio State University. LOL

Ha!

Every time I see James I get a little Harden.

swordghost is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
swordghost
swordghost is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
But perhaps Daryl Moreyís greatest move was when Daryl Morey locked up Daryl Morey to a long-term extension before Daryl Morey got Dwight Howard. Typical buy low Daryl Morey move and now Daryl Morey is stuck on a below market deal.
couldn't be said any better

Pete Chilcutt is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
Pete Chilcutt
Contributing Member
Pete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36210
Quote:
Thank You

Last week was a sleep-deprived nightmare and all kinds of site traffic records were set, but it was just so amazing to see the Rockets come out the big winners.

I havenít had time to reply to all the emails, contributions, texts, tweets, etc. and I owe so many people responses. Thank you. I just canít express my gratitude enough to all of you for the overwhelming support of ClutchFans.

Iím just ecstatic for the city of Houston and the fans. After years of disappointment and torture ó analyzing the possibility of Chase Budinger becoming a superstar or debating if Terrence Williams is the next LeBron James (#wordaapp) ó we deserve this. This team is gunning for Miami and itís going to be a very fun year for all of us.

Thank you again.
Awesome. Thank you Clutch!

King1 is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
King1
Contributing Member
King1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15949
Great article

ttdestroyer is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
ttdestroyer
ttdestroyer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #53028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Finally weighing in on everything... Dwight Howard on the Rockets, Daryl Morey, Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, Josh Smith, etc.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/4386/d...orey-asik-lin/
Great, great read!

jbasket is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #13
jbasket
Contributing Member
jbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50214
Great article like usual. One of the many reasons recently why I donated today.

Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Baske.../dp/0345520106

kastuul is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
kastuul
kastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51938
I think the Rockets are contender next year (14/15), not this year (13/14).

They need at least a year to work on their chemistry, particularly for a young team.

Deuce is offline Old 07-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
Deuce
Contributing Member
Deuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2940
Lets not forget that during all of this madness....Clutch pulled a new clutchfans.net website frontpage re-design out of his ass on "Dwight Howard decision day."

Just fantastic!

ďI think with this [acquisition of Dwight Howard], we move into one of the top teams in the West,Ē Morey said.
"Teams mistake at times like this when they make rash moves, rather than well thought-out moves.
My concern is our playoff team coming in has chance to beat every other team in the playoffs; itís not on having the best team in the league July 6, 2013.Ē

Haymitch is offline Old 07-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #16
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399
I wonder, will this help put an end to the horrible suggestion that Asik and Dwight play alongside each other? Doubtful, but maybe, just maybe...

joesr is online now Old 07-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
joesr
joesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejoesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33500
Thank you David's!!!

(Hardisty and Stern)

MyPlayer on NextGen, please change 'The Park' method of multi-player.

tzou88 is online now Old 07-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
tzou88
tzou88 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44208
I'm still very interested in why JLin hasn't spoken a word about Dwight Howard yet. He usually is one of the first to welcome a new player.

Ziggy is offline Old 07-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #19
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
Quote:
Also interesting to me — Houston’s new “Big Three” represents each of the three avenues a team can use to improve: James Harden (trade), Dwight Howard (free agency) and Chandler Parsons (draft).
Morey is the Lebron James of GM's.

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

hooroo is online now Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #20
hooroo
hooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14431
That trade wasn't rescinded according to Dunleavy Sr.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=241198